PDA

View Full Version : looking for southwest florida photographers that took the pictures of ghost towns

Douglas
10-10-2013, 06:39 AM
I am looking for the photographers that took the pictures of ghost towns in florida, Mike Woodfin and Jim Pike.I live in southwest Florida and I would like some info on where I can go to some of these places to photograph them for my personal use.
Is it possible you can send me any information on these guys, (e-mail address) or give them my E-mail. I sure would like to chat with them. thank you all so much. please respond.

El Burro Camaro
10-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Don't know either of them but I am familiar with the area. Your best bet in southern Florida period is in the Everglades and the Keys. Some of the ghost towns I would recommend are; Bryant, Pine Crest, Flamingo, Snake Bight, Indian Key, Pigeon Key and Perky. The Lower Keys ever have a ghost highway to explore on the 1928-1938 SR-4a and 38-44 US-1. This site has a some good information about the Everglades ghost towns but I would recommend keyshistory.org for anything in the Florida Keys.

mainmanwalkin
12-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi there,

Don't go on the forum much these days. If you let me know what site youre interested in I can probably help.

Thanks,

Jim Pike (Mainmanwalkin)

also Mainmanwalkin on Facebook