PDA

View Full Version : What app can I use?

hangeremerald
12-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Okay so I don't use a traditional car GPS. I use Google Maps. I was wondering if there's an app that lists and then locates Ghost towns near me on Google Maps. Anyone know of any like this?

If not, maybe I should create one....would you be interested?

bdukes2962
01-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Okay so I don't use a traditional car GPS. I use Google Maps. I was wondering if there's an app that lists and then locates Ghost towns near me on Google Maps. Anyone know of any like this?

If not, maybe I should create one....would you be interested?

Definitely! You might think about expanding the parameters a bit like include abandoned towns, historical towns, "old" civilization towns? Otherwise, your app will be too limited and will only have us here in Ghost Towns forum as your patrons. ;)

hangeremerald
01-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Definitely! You might think about expanding the parameters a bit like include abandoned towns, historical towns, "old" civilization towns? Otherwise, your app will be too limited and will only have us here in Ghost Towns forum as your patrons. ;)

So, I'm assuming by you saying that you don't know of any that already exist and are on board with the idea of me making/creating one lol. Of course I would add more to it than just locating things on Google maps but I definitely want it to be integrated with Google Maps or whatever navigational app the users use. If you have any more ideas specific to this, the program I'm using has a free version you can check them out here (https://www.facebook.com/xamarinhq). There's room enough for 2 apps for this lol. Don't worry I'm not afraid of a little competition. :)

bdukes2962
01-14-2015, 02:37 AM
Of course I would add more to it than just locating things on Google maps but I definitely want it to be integrated with Google Maps or whatever navigational app the users use. If you have any more ideas specific to this, the program I'm using has a free version you can check them out here (https://www.facebook.com/xamarinhq). There's room enough for 2 apps for this lol. Don't worry I'm not afraid of a little competition. :)

Good! Let me know if you need someone to critique your work I'm definitely interested and available :)

hamellr
01-31-2015, 07:08 PM
I've been thinking of building and app like this also. I'd be interested in seeing some else's version. :)