PDA

View Full Version : British Columbia Ghost Towns

Ghosttowns.com
10-30-1998, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by matt

: Is anyone out there familiar with any ghost towns in southern British Columbia? Any information you could offer would be appreciated.

Ghosttowns.com
11-17-1998, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Chuck Flood

:
: : Is anyone out there familiar with any ghost towns in southern British Columbia? Any information you could offer would be appreciated.

Ghosttowns.com
11-17-1998, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Chuck Flood

: There are a number of good books on BC ghost towns -- look for titles by Bruce Ramsey, T.W. Paterson and Garnet Basque for starters. Between them and a few other authors you should be able to locate maybe 15 different books on the area. Email me if you're interested in more info.

Ghosttowns.com
07-31-2000, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by tmarvin

:

: Does anyone know the legend of "Slewmatch" the spelling may not be correct, however it is a legend about an indian who used to come down river by canoe to New Westminster with gold nuggets. he would take prostitues to the site and they never came back. many have tried to find the secret of the slewmatch gold many have died trying. tks

: : Is anyone out there familiar with any ghost towns in southern British Columbia? Any information you could offer would be appreciated.

Ghosttowns.com
09-01-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Kent

: :
: : Does anyone know the legend of "Slewmatch" the spelling may not be correct, however it is a legend about an indian who used to come down river by canoe to New Westminster with gold nuggets. he would take prostitues to the site and they never came back. many have tried to find the secret of the slewmatch gold many have died trying. tks
: : : Is anyone out there familiar with any ghost towns in southern British Columbia? Any information you could offer would be appreciated.

: Try this link:

: http://www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/table.html

: Kent

Ghosttowns.com
03-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by arthur rose

: : There are a number of good books on BC ghost towns -- look for titles by Bruce Ramsey, T.W. Paterson and Garnet Basque for starters. Between them and a few other authors you should be able to locate maybe 15 different books on the area. Email me if you're interested in more info.

: Hello Chuck: I am moving to Nanaimo mid summer and have metal detected for over 30 years. I'm wondering about detecting old areas. Any help appreciated...thank you....art

Ghosttowns.com
07-01-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by priyank

:
: :

: : Does anyone know the legend of "Slewmatch" the spelling may not be correct, however it is a legend about an indian who used to come down river by canoe to New Westminster with gold nuggets. he would take prostitues to the site and they never came back. many have tried to find the secret of the slewmatch gold many have died trying. tks

: : : Is anyone out there familiar with any ghost towns in southern British Columbia? Any information you could offer would be appreciated.