PDA

View Full Version : towns and mines (abandoned) of so.&cntrl. ca.

Ghosttowns.com
10-30-1998, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Rich Sharp

: Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime.

Ghosttowns.com
11-01-1998, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Rob

:
: : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime.

: How about we get a group together? There seems to be quite a few people posting here who live in Central or Southern California.
: Rob

Ghosttowns.com
11-07-1998, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Brent Caldon

: : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime. Now is the time to explore the desert since it has cooled off. I think it would be great to go exploring with like-minded people. Just let me know where! Brent in Hemet, CA

Ghosttowns.com
11-15-1998, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: Hey guys! Since there are quite a few of us in the same general area we really should all get together, pool our knowledge and go exploring! Any ideas of where we should start! We
: can make it anytime except holidays!: Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime.

Ghosttowns.com
11-20-1998, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Rick Bates

: : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime. I'm trying to put together a small group to go up to Panamint City the hardway (winches)I've never been there and I'm sure I could use some tips or takers

Ghosttowns.com
11-24-1998, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: : : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime. I'm trying to put together a small group to go up to Panamint City the hardway (winches)I've never been there and I'm sure I could use some tips or takers

: Panamint City w/winches is the hard way to go. It takes longer w/vehicle than it does to walk. Next time in Ballarat, see if Brian at the General Store has the Russel VHS tape on Panamint Range. It has a long segment on winching to Panamint City. Otherwise, Panamint City has lots of nice cabins to stay in with comfort. Mostly 1970's and 1980's ruins, though original townsite has many stone ruins hidden in sagebrush. Smelter ruins and stack from early period.

Ghosttowns.com
01-16-1999, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Joel Briggs

: : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime.

: Planning to do the Ballart run in February, weather
: permitted. Currently four of going, should be fun.
: Have room for more.....

: Joel Briggs

Ghosttowns.com
09-08-1999, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by David W Counts

: : Im looking for people to explore mines and towns with. I have a 4wheel drive and did 4 years in marines so if going gets tough trust me ive slept in enough mud and on enough rocks and am willing to do whatever it takes if the prospect of what or where were after warrants it or if we just feel like goin there anyway.Im realy into exploring and outdoors lets get together and do some. dave counts

: wpnsmstr1@aol.com

:

Ghosttowns.com
11-29-1999, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by a edgington

: : : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime.

: : Planning to do the Ballart run in February, weather

: : permitted. Currently four of going, should be fun.

: : Have room for more.....

: : Joel Briggs

Ghosttowns.com
12-17-2000, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy Allen

: :I know of some towns, old ski lodges, ect, and would love to go out and explore some of these places. Let me know if anyone is interested.

: : : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime.

: : How about we get a group together? There seems to be quite a few people posting here who live in Central or Southern California.

: : Rob

Ghosttowns.com
02-05-2001, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by guycan

: :

: : How about we get a group together? There seems to be quite a few people posting here who live in Central or Southern California.

: : Rob

Ghosttowns.com
06-29-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Kyberg, CA

Ghosttowns.com
07-29-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Antioch Desert Rat

: : : Looking for people to go exploring with , I know many old mines and towns in the desserts and mountains. True adventure and 4x4 vehicales a must. Can pull up and go most anytime. I have been to Ballrat Ca. That area is North of Trona Ca. If you go there you need to go up Pleasant Canyon to Clair Camp. This area was a family run mine . There is lots to see up there. Just past Clair Camp there is some cabins that you can stay in over night for free just leave some can goods some one else to use. The road goes all the way up to the top of the mountain. From there you look into Death Valley in the Bad Water area.
: This area is really neat to see. Lots of nining in the area in the old days.
: Let me know of some more areas to tell you about .
:

: : Planning to do the Ballart run in February, weather
: : permitted. Currently four of going, should be fun.
: : Have room for more.....

: : Joel Briggs

trentreznorisfine79
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi..i am looking for places to explore..anyone know of any places in the hemet/san jacinto ca area?

josta
06-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Count me in! Garmin 182C-equipped rockcrawling TJ here!

JOHN