PDA

View Full Version :   Ghost Towns in Death Valley!!!

Ghosttowns.com
11-02-1998, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Sylvia Machado

: HELP PLEASE SEND ME 411 ON GHOST TOWNS IN DEATH VALLEY FOR MY REPORT!!!!! I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL TO ANY KIND PERSON THAT COULD HELP ME!!!

Ghosttowns.com
11-14-1998, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Richard Elliott

:
: : HELP PLEASE SEND ME 411 ON GHOST TOWNS IN DEATH VALLEY FOR MY REPORT!!!!! I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL TO ANY KIND PERSON THAT COULD HELP ME!!!

: Sylvia,

: There are many books in local libraries, usually in Reserve area, on Death Valley Ghost towns. I've been to some, like Skidoo, and Ballarat (west side of Mts. west of Death Valley). Borax mine ruins in heart of Death Valley, usually on some good maps. Check out history on Scotty's Castle. What's your report like? Good luck.

Ghosttowns.com
11-17-1998, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Chuck Flood

: If it's not too late, try contacting David Wright at
: ethusiasticexplorer@juno.com. He knows the area very well. Also Alan Patera at patera@teleport.com about history of Rhyolite and the ghost towns on that area of Nevada adjacent to Death Valley.

Ghosttowns.com
11-24-1998, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: : HELP PLEASE SEND ME 411 ON GHOST TOWNS IN DEATH VALLEY FOR MY REPORT!!!!! I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL TO ANY KIND PERSON THAT COULD HELP ME!!!

: The plate of ghosts in DV is so large, I would wish to know if you have any specific ghosts in mind. Car accessible, foot accessible, 4x4 accessible? There are some that fit all those catagories. Many ruins, scant ruins, no ruins? Those also. Good books on DV history run from Stan Paher's DEATH VALLEY GHOST TOWNS & MINING CAMPS to Richard Lingenfelter's DEATH VALLEY & THE AMARGOSA: AN ILLUSTRATED HISTORY.

Ghosttowns.com
12-16-1998, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Terry

: :
: : : HELP PLEASE SEND ME 411 ON GHOST TOWNS IN DEATH VALLEY FOR MY REPORT!!!!! I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL TO ANY KIND PERSON THAT COULD HELP ME!!!

: If you need pictures you should check out The Ghost Town Site at http://www.cultimedia.com/ghosttowns