PDA

View Full Version : Skidoo stamp mill

Ghosttowns.com
11-04-2001, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Lewis

: Hi, Could someone tell me is the stamp mill at Skidoo is still standing. I went there but could not find it. If possible some directions would be great. Thanks Andy

Ghosttowns.com
11-04-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Pat Mark

: It is standing, having just gone through a lot of stabilization work (probably still in progress). From the townsite there are two routes; a road alongside of a small canyon (the left side as you are facing westerly) or look for another road going up that same ridge along the top. We hiked in along the first road, parking near a green gate. The mill isn't visible from the townsite. It is well worth the trip. The ridge road is the main access point for most people, and gets you a few yards closer, but you'll end up climbing up and down the hillside anyway to view the site.

Ghosttowns.com
11-05-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Lewis

: Any photos from your trip?. Sounds like i was close to it . Going back next year so i will have another look. Thanks Andy

Ghosttowns.com
11-05-2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Pat and Mark

: Haven't uploaded any of the Skidoo mill pictures; others are at the link below. We were low on daylight when we toured the mill, so have some rich sunset light, but not all of them turned out particularly well. I'll do some more one of these days, including more DV.
: The mill can be frustrating to find; we didn't find it on our first trip, either.

Ghosttowns.com
11-05-2001, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Pat and Mark

: Uploaded some Skidoo Mill, Ibex Camp, Ubehebe Crater, Race Track and one Dublin view. See link below.

Ghosttowns.com
11-17-2001, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by mark

: : http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=6223215

Ghosttowns.com
11-17-2001, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by mark

: : http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=6223215

Ghosttowns.com
12-10-2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by CeramicGod

: at my site.

Ghosttowns.com
05-08-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by David King

: : at my site.

Ghosttowns.com
05-08-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by David King

: : Haven't uploaded any of the Skidoo mill pictures; others are at the link below. We were low on daylight when we toured the mill, so have some rich sunset light, but not all of them turned out particularly well. I'll do some more one of these days, including more DV.
: : The mill can be frustrating to find; we didn't find it on our first trip, either.I like skidooing because it is fun.I have four skidoos and a bomadear.