PDA

View Full Version : Galena and Mineral City, Wash state

Ghosttowns.com
11-18-2001, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by eric olsen

: I'm looking for any information about buildings and locations of such for the old mining towns of Galena and Mineral City, Washington, Snohomish county. If you have any information of this nature or where to look for it i would appreciate it, as i'm new at this. Feel free to e-mail me. Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
11-18-2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by eric olsen

: : I'm looking for any information about buildings and locations of such for the old mining towns of Galena and Mineral City, Washington, Snohomish county. If you have any information of this nature or where to look for it i would appreciate it, as i'm new at this. Feel free to e-mail me. Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
03-03-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Harry

: : I'm looking for any information about buildings and locations of such for the old mining towns of Galena and Mineral City, Washington, Snohomish county. If you have any information of this nature or where to look for it i would appreciate it, as i'm new at this. Feel free to e-mail me. Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
03-03-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Harry Robinson

: I used to hike that area frequently until I moved about 6yrs ago. The actual townsite of Mineral City is obscured by dense brush & years of flooding by Silver Creek. There's still a few cabins in existence if you know where to look for them... as well as a considerable number of old mines. You can E-mail me for specific informatiom if you want. I explored that area for over 15 years.

chris bell
12-22-2004, 02:36 AM
At our yahoo group you will find some info on that area also some claim maps with locations of buildings, the group is NWUNDERGROUND join through yahoo good luck.

ArcticLights2
03-09-2005, 11:08 AM
I ran across a post I made several years ago as Harry Robinson. If anyone is still interested, I have a few pictures of the old mines and some of the old buildings (or remains of) in those areas. As I mentioned previously, I moved to Alaska 8 years ago & haven't hiked those areas since then. I'm sure things have continued to change. The Mineral City road was still driveable when I first started hiking there & there was still a visible trail leading to Hard Pass and the Sultan Basin.