PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Utah trip?

Ghosttowns.com
03-25-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by benjamin

: Anybody have suggestions for a few places to visit in Utah? Also, the maps here show the general locations of the towns, but how do I know exactly where to look on a real map?

Ghosttowns.com
03-25-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Jordan

: Hello benjamin, I have no peronal expierence with the Utah ghost towns, but ghosttowns.com has quite a few for Utah. However, there is a website, www.topozone.com that has online topographic maps, and some of the towns can be found on the maps, while others are too little, or not enough known of them to be on the maps. If you would rather have me look for the ghosttowns for you, I will gladly do so if you post back a list of names of the towns that you want checked.

: Jordan

Ghosttowns.com
08-01-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Rachel

: Benjamin,

: I know of quite a few ghost towns here in Utah if you still want to know. Just email me at ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com.

: Rachel in Utah

: : Anybody have suggestions for a few places to visit in Utah? Also, the maps here show the general locations of the towns, but how do I know exactly where to look on a real map?

ghamilton
04-22-2004, 03:27 PM
The website listings for UT are good.One not to miss is Ophir,S of Tooele.Go up the beautiful canyon and enjoy.Keep a sharp eye out.There are hidden sites.When I first went to this canyon while going to college nearby(1969),I was able to explore things that are off limits now,like mine shafts.(I'm not that bright)There was numerous artifacts there for the looting.Mine cars were everywhere.Empty houses could be seen up close and personal.NO MORE.It is a must see though.One canyon over was M ercur.Once quite a large town.Lots of photogenic ruins and dangerous places to visit.NO MORE.But do go up to the Barric Mines visitor center.Go up American Fork Canyon and see the sites of some former mine towns.S Ut has the best ghosts to visit.The listings on this site are good.