PDA

View Full Version : Where is Seaside, Alaska?

Ghosttowns.com
07-17-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Jennifer Howell

: I really want to find Seaside, Alaska so I can go there on my road trip i'm taking to find places I can photograph. If anyone has any idea of the vicinity of the area or where I can find better directions please help.
: Thanks
: Jennifer

Ghosttowns.com
07-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by kathy

: Jennifer, are you sure this is a town? I put the
: name into a search engine and got 38,000 hits. It
: seemed to be more of a description than a town name.

Ghosttowns.com
07-19-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Jennifer

: :I'm not sure thats the only name I see it as when I look under alaskan ghosttowns on this site. I looked online also, and didnt find anything but hotels and such, i've even looked under condemned buildings, tuberculosis, I just can't find it anywhere, thanks for your help though

Ghosttowns.com
07-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Dezdan

: I did a GNIS (Geographic Names Information System) search for Seaside, Sea Side, See Side, Seeside, Seside and I came up completely empty handed. This means that the USGS and DOI have no current record of anything (town, mountain, hill, lake stream, etc...) by those names.

: A common problem with a site such as Ghosttowns.com is that the information is user submitted. Often times different people have different names for different places. This will cause confusion to many GT'ers, such as it has in this case. Another problem is that we have no definite proof that this place even exist; the submitter could have just have made it all up.

: If it exist, my guess would be that it is somewhere near the Sea and even possibly near the side of the Sea. Sorry, had to...

: ~Dezdan