PDA

View Full Version : found

Ghosttowns.com
11-26-1998, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by richard

: i found a leather case that looks like holster for a pistol.inside there is bottle with cotton around it.the bottle has measurements on it.the cap has alunimum foil stuck in the top. i found this near a old military site that was abandon in the 1890 can anyone tell me what it is?the leather case has a clasp on it like the older rubber boots that snaps down i can see the number 60 what i would think is cc'sr ase that looks like a holster

Johnnie
10-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by richard

: i found a leather case that looks like holster for a pistol.inside there is bottle with cotton around it.the bottle has measurements on it.the cap has alunimum foil stuck in the top. i found this near a old military site that was abandon in the 1890 can anyone tell me what it is?the leather case has a clasp on it like the older rubber boots that snaps down i can see the number 60 what i would think is cc'sr ase that looks like a holster

Richard, Did you find out anything more about your find?:confused:
J & S

Oregon Doug
10-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Aluminum foil was invented in 1910 in Switzerland, so if it's aluminum and not tin, that limits its age. When you say "measurements" on the bottle - are they in ounces or are they metric? Is the cap plastic (Bakelite?) or metal? I suspect an a MP holster (or similar) of the WW I era, but a digital photo would go a long way in confirming/denying that.

Oregon Doug