PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know if The Oatman Hotel in AZ is haunted?

Ghosttowns.com
10-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Elizabeth Teele

: Please let me know if it is and if any occurences there happened to you.

Ghosttowns.com
10-13-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Cary Nickel

: Legend has it that it is. I lived in Bullhead City, about 12 miles from Oatman, for about 10 years. I have been in the Oatman Hotel dozens of times, but never had a haunting experience. Locals claim it is haunted, but as far as I know, there has never been any serious study done on the subject. It is mentioned all the time that the hotel is haunted in the Oatman Observer newspaper, but I never read of any specific instances.

Ghosttowns.com
10-13-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Elizabeth Teele

: : Legend has it that it is. I lived in Bullhead City, about 12 miles from Oatman, for about 10 years. I have been in the Oatman Hotel dozens of times, but never had a haunting experience. Locals claim it is haunted, but as far as I know, there has never been any serious study done on the subject. It is mentioned all the time that the hotel is haunted in the Oatman Observer newspaper, but I never read of any specific instances.
: Thank you for responding!

Ghosttowns.com
10-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Karl Kasarda

: I spent the night there once. The only strange occurance I had was that at 2am, both my fiance and I woke up smelling a strong scent of blueberries. Weird.

: Supposedly some old miner drunk himself to death and died outback of the hotel. He 'haunts' the place now, and they call him Oatie...

Ghosttowns.com
10-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by bad bob

: : Please let me know if it is and if any occurences there happened to you.

: There is a web site devoted to a "presence" they have named "Oatie", the address of which I don't have with me at this time. But if you'll punch in Oatman Hotel, etc., in your fav search engine, I bet it turns up. It, the address, may have had "Route 66" in it as well, so you might look fer that.
: bb.

Ghosttowns.com
03-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Paula Spears

: We stayed in the Oatman Hotel overnight two weeks ago, and took lots of pictures. Did not have a haunting experience while there, in fact it was quite peaceful although the hallways upstairs are a little creepy. When we returned home and reviewed our pictures, we noticed a haze over our bed and when magnified we could make out the form of a man with a goatee. Now it may just be a mixture of lighting or glare and some imagination, however, it appears very convincing. We will not hesitate to stay there again as it was very peaceful and quite, but we may choose a different room.