PDA

View Full Version : Virginia

Ghosttowns.com
11-25-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Patrick

: Why are there no VA ghost towns? I've been up to Glenndale Hospital and that was great. You must be carefull though, as there is a PG county police substation there on the campus. Where is this stuff? Nothing in Northern Virginia? Southern Virginia? Maryland even? Every other place has cool stuff to go to. Why isn't there anything around the Metro area ******? Hit me up if you all know anything

subyrally
05-15-2004, 08:10 PM
i second this post, i am trying to find ghost towns in central md.

Zach123
08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
i think henryton is closest thing to a ghosttown but it is not easy to get to...apparently the bridge to this part of the town was washed away years ago but on the other side our train tracks,station,hospital,power plant and...church? well ive never been but im interested in going...and these.

forest glenn,rosewood asylum,spring grove,**** house,glenn dale,crownsville hospital,forest haven,oak hills youth (portland insane asylum),mount wilson state.these are mainly in maryland.

Notrite
03-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Theres only 2 "ghost towns" listed for VA, but they don't sound like much..

How about secret government complexes??? VA is full of them. Im in Northern VA, near centreville. I know of one complex that you guys probably drive by every day. You ever take Rt.29 South of Stone Rd?? If you guys are interested, I can get more specific. Judging by the age of this thread im seriously doubting I'll even get a response.

Nevermore1
04-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I know this is an older thread but thought I'd put my 2 cents in anyways. I think the main reason there aren't really any ghost towns in this area (DC Metro) is because it's all so built up. Any more if there is any empty or unused land it doesn't take long for something to be built on it...