PDA

View Full Version : Jicarilla, nm!!!!!!!

Ghosttowns.com
01-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Amy

: I have been attempting to post a message, but the pop-ups keep messing up the page; forgive me if this is short and to the point. I am trying to get the word out about an article that I read. The url is attached to this post. Although the article focuses on the prospecting issues, we should also worry about what will happen to this ghost town if the U.S. Forest Service succeeds in kicking this man off the land. The article will explain better. I am going to finish this up quickly, in the hopes that I can get it posted before it dissapears again. Please comment and let me know how you feel about this issue, and try to help, if only by getting the word out to other people. Thanks.

Ghosttowns.com
01-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Amy

: Also, I'm doing my own bit of research on this matter. If anyone knows where online I could find a good map that would help me to figure out the specific locations of places in this area, I would really appreciate it. Right now, what I am most interested in is finding out where and what the "Old Jicarilla Administrative Site" is. It was used by the Forest Service, but was given to San Juan College. I am getting deeply interested in this matter. Any help in research would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ghosttowns.com
08-18-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Nancy

: I have just returned from a prospecting trip to Jicarilla. I have met 3 of the residents and have seen the paperwork that Mr. Fennell has gathered. I believe he is well within his rights and will do anything I can to help him. It would be a shame to have the US Forest Service destroy what is left of this little town in this beautiful location.

Kelly
12-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Hello all,
Jerry is a good friend of mine, we need to let people know what is going on.Check out his web site at http://www.jicarillamining.com it is a real nice site with lots of info on the town and mining in and around that area. I have been going to that area for years. Iam a member of gpaa and they have a gold claim about 2or3 miles north of jicarilla right on the main road going to ancho n.m. This is my first visit to this ghosttown site. real nice.

THANKS
Kelly in socorro n.m.

annie37
04-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I am interested in finding info on students that attended school in Jicarilla in the early 1900's. Is there a historian or someone that can put me in contact with anyone that might have names or pictures of those times.
Annie

Originally posted by Amy

: I have been attempting to post a message, but the pop-ups keep messing up the page; forgive me if this is short and to the point. I am trying to get the word out about an article that I read. The url is attached to this post. Although the article focuses on the prospecting issues, we should also worry about what will happen to this ghost town if the U.S. Forest Service succeeds in kicking this man off the land. The article will explain better. I am going to finish this up quickly, in the hopes that I can get it posted before it dissapears again. Please comment and let me know how you feel about this issue, and try to help, if only by getting the word out to other people. Thanks.