PDA

View Full Version : Metal detector hunting

Ghosttowns.com
12-22-1998, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Paul

: Hi Folks, I recently purchased a Garrett digital metal detector and I need ideas on where to use it. I live in Page, AZ and would like to have a searching buddy. Male or Female is fine. Any information greately appreciated. Paul

Ghosttowns.com
12-22-1998, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Kathy

: : Hi Folks, I recently purchased a Garrett digital metal detector and I need ideas on where to use it. I live in Page, AZ and would like to have a searching buddy. Male or Female is fine. Any information greately appreciated. Paul

: Paul, Why don't you stay in your own back yard with
: the metal detector....(just kidding) Do you know
: there are laws against hunting in ghost towns?
: First, you should know whose property you're on.
: Please leave the relics at the old towns and then
: people like me can come along and enjoy them!!!!!

Ghosttowns.com
12-23-1998, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by bob stelow

:
: : Hi Folks, I recently purchased a Garrett digital metal detector and I need ideas on where to use it. I live in Page, AZ and would like to have a searching buddy. Male or Female is fine. Any information greately appreciated. Paul

: Paul, for more info on your question, scroll down to "metal detecting" post of 10/26/98 this bbs.
: bob.

Ghosttowns.com
12-24-1998, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ghost towner

: How's about having respect for a historic site and not vandalize it. It is illegal as well.

Ghosttowns.com
12-26-1998, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Digger Bob

: : : Hi Folks, I recently purchased a Garrett digital metal detector and I need ideas on where to use it. I live in Page, AZ and would like to have a searching buddy. Male or Female is fine. Any information greately appreciated. Paul

: : Paul, Why don't you stay in your own back yard with
: : the metal detector....(just kidding) Do you know
: : there are laws against hunting in ghost towns?
: : First, you should know whose property you're on.
: : Please leave the relics at the old towns and then
: : people like me can come along and enjoy them!!!!!

: So, I guess it's better to leave relics in the ground to rust away to nothing. Never to see the light of day and be enjoyed or researched by even one person. Never to be donated to a museum where many people can enjoy and study them. I seem to reacall seeing a picture forum on this web site which shows many relics that someone has collected. BTW, common items such as coins, bullets, bottles, and mineral specimens are exempt from these laws. The problem comes in the senseless vandalism of these sites. Huge holes dug, trash left, buildings torn apart, cemetaries dug up... that is unacceptable and should be against the law.
: Paul, I suggest you check out the Treasurenet.com page for helpful tips and more information on the proper way and places to use your new toy.

Ghosttowns.com
01-01-1999, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Craig

:
: : : Hi Folks, I recently purchased a Garrett digital metal detector and I need ideas on where to use it. I live in Page, AZ and would like to have a searching buddy. Male or Female is fine. Any information greately appreciated. Paul

: : How's about having respect for a historic site and not vandalize it. It is illegal as well.
:
: Hi Paul, Using a metal detecting device in a designated historical area is a bit sticky , however using your intuition outside the area will bring you some interesting finds. try sweeping areas along trails, watering holes, caves, ect. lines of communication to the site. Research the area for historical activity such as battles. Most historical sites are well swept anyway. the historical "good stuff" is still on the trail.Good Luck, and good hunting.

Ghosttowns.com
12-30-2000, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by JD Rose

: Hi Paul,

:

: I am also from Page, AZ. I have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Where do you like to hunt?

: --- JD Rose

jammerlious
07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I bought a gold metal detector (http://www.detectorall.com/categories/Gold-Metal-Detectors/) not long ago and in order to test whether it is useful I have used it to find underground metal goods that hidden in my garden, to my surprise it has found my mother's lost golden ring. Then I took it to the park and the gold metal detector find a few coins. Really amazing and I want to share it with your guys.

bob3 was bob2
11-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Depends on the Detector James, some are good for all types of metal, such as the White TDI.