PDA

View Full Version : LOOKOUT GHOSTTOWN CA.

Ghosttowns.com
12-25-1998, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Mcmillan

: DEAR GHOSTTOWNERS
: I WAS AT THE SITE OF THE MINETA MINE WHITCH IS NEXT TO THE GHOSTTOWN OF LOOKOUT THE AREA HAS BEEN REALLY MESSED UP BY PEOPLE THAT DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PAST I WILL BE GOING BACK TO TAKE SOME PICTURES SO EVERY BODY CAN SEE FOR THEM SELFS I USE TO GO CAMPING AND RIDING MY ATV'S THERE A LOT SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO TAKE MY 7 YEAR OLD SON THE PLACE IS A MESS IT REALLY MAKES ME SAD

Ghosttowns.com
12-28-1998, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Lewis Shorb

: : DEAR GHOSTTOWNERS
: : I WAS AT THE SITE OF THE MINETA MINE WHITCH IS NEXT TO THE GHOSTTOWN OF LOOKOUT THE AREA HAS BEEN REALLY MESSED UP BY PEOPLE THAT DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PAST I WILL BE GOING BACK TO TAKE SOME PICTURES SO EVERY BODY CAN SEE FOR THEM SELFS I USE TO GO CAMPING AND RIDING MY ATV'S THERE A LOT SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO TAKE MY 7 YEAR OLD SON THE PLACE IS A MESS IT REALLY MAKES ME SAD

: Jeff,
: The first time I went to the Minietta Mine was back in 93, there were 4 buildings standing, now there is only 1, 2 were burned down, and the one with the nice porch was smashed down, somebody even stole the tracks and wood from the main shaft high up on the hill. There is still much to see in this area, but its going fast. To learn more about the Minietta Mine, stop by the Eastern Calif. Museum, they have lots of info about the former owners.
: Lewis

Ghosttowns.com
12-29-1998, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bill Schmelzer

: Jeff,

: I camped at the Minetta Mine last March and also found it different that It was in the early 90's. There were two gentelmen working the mine who were very friendly and welcomed my request to spend the night at the existing cabin and explore the site. One of these miners was truly an "old timer" and as it was getting warmer by the day, they were packing up for the season. They said they normally worked the mine October through late March. I can only hope they appreciate history and leave what's left alone.

: Bill

Ghosttowns.com
01-01-1999, 04:52 PM

: : Jeff,

: : I camped at the Minetta Mine last March and also found it different that It was in the early 90's. There were two gentelmen working the mine who were very friendly and welcomed my request to spend the night at the existing cabin and explore the site. One of these miners was truly an "old timer" and as it was getting warmer by the day, they were packing up for the season. They said they normally worked the mine October through late March. I can only hope they appreciate history and leave what's left alone.

: : Bill

Ghosttowns.com
01-01-1999, 04:55 PM

: : : DEAR GHOSTTOWNERS
: : : I WAS AT THE SITE OF THE MINETA MINE WHITCH IS NEXT TO THE GHOSTTOWN OF LOOKOUT THE AREA HAS BEEN REALLY MESSED UP BY PEOPLE THAT DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PAST I WILL BE GOING BACK TO TAKE SOME PICTURES SO EVERY BODY CAN SEE FOR THEM SELFS I USE TO GO CAMPING AND RIDING MY ATV'S THERE A LOT SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO TAKE MY 7 YEAR OLD SON THE PLACE IS A MESS IT REALLY MAKES ME SAD

: : The first time I went to the Minietta Mine was back in 93, there were 4 buildings standing, now there is only 1, 2 were burned down, and the one with the nice porch was smashed down, somebody even stole the tracks and wood from the main shaft high up on the hill. There is still much to see in this area, but its going fast. To learn more about the Minietta Mine, stop by the Eastern Calif. Museum, they have lots of info about the former owners.
: : Lewis

Ghosttowns.com
05-29-2001, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom

: : I camped at the Minetta Mine last March and also found it different that It was in the early 90's. There were two gentelmen working the mine who were very friendly and welcomed my request to spend the night at the existing cabin and explore the site. One of these miners was truly an "old timer" and as it was getting warmer by the day, they were packing up for the season. They said they normally worked the mine October through late March. I can only hope they appreciate history and leave what's left alone.

: : Bill

Ghosttowns.com
05-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Chelsea

: : : DEAR GHOSTTOWNERS
: : : I WAS AT THE SITE OF THE MINETA MINE WHITCH IS NEXT TO THE GHOSTTOWN OF LOOKOUT THE AREA HAS BEEN REALLY MESSED UP BY PEOPLE THAT DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PAST I WILL BE GOING BACK TO TAKE SOME PICTURES SO EVERY BODY CAN SEE FOR THEM SELFS I USE TO GO CAMPING AND RIDING MY ATV'S THERE A LOT SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO TAKE MY 7 YEAR OLD SON THE PLACE IS A MESS IT REALLY MAKES ME SAD

: : The first time I went to the Minietta Mine was back in 93, there were 4 buildings standing, now there is only 1, 2 were burned down, and the one with the nice porch was smashed down, somebody even stole the tracks and wood from the main shaft high up on the hill. There is still much to see in this area, but its going fast. To learn more about the Minietta Mine, stop by the Eastern Calif. Museum, they have lots of info about the former owners.
: : Lewis