PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know an accurate location for "CONQUERVILLE" in Alberta, Canada??

Ghosttowns.com
03-23-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by MIKE myroniuk

: Hi there. I am working on a project on old towns and old mining towns for my class. I will be heading down to the SouthEast part of the province in about 1 month but I still am having troubles finding 1 town, Conquerville. If any one has information that would be great. Thanks in advance! M.M

Haunted
11-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Conquorville is actually the nickname given to the town of Maleb, which is still listed on most maps. I have been there a number of times, and it is kind of a scarey place. There are a number of abandoned homes in the area and a burnt out old school. I caution you though that one of the few remaining locals is nasty.

rigger45
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
14 miles south and 7 miles east of Bow, Island. My mom was a teacher and principal from 1968 to 1971. I attended Grades 9-11 in Bow Island.
On a map it would show as Maleb. That was the Post Office. The school was grades 1-8. The gym for volleyball and basketball was at the Conquerville Community Hall/Lions. It was a really large quonset hut with a concrete floor.
There were seven houses. Six were for the school staff and one was the postmaster's. One mile south was the Vern and Margaret Dragland farm. Nearby to the northwest were the Ernie Kultgen and Walter Wudrich farms. I went to school with kids from all of these families.
To the East was Granlea Reservoir and on the horizon were the Cypress Hills. To the south were the Sweetgrass Hills on the Alberta-Montana line. I haven't been back since 91 or 92. I did spend a weekend in Bow Island in the summer of 92 at the SGHS Reunion.