PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cristo, Washington - Access

Ghosttowns.com
06-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Tom

: Last year before making my trip to the Seattle area I posted a question regarding Monte Cristo, Washington and was informed that rather then make the hike one can get a key to the gate from the county. Where do I have to go to get this key and what is the fee?

: I did not go there as it turns out, but am making a third trip next month and may decide to check it out.

: Is it a worthwhile hike if I choose to do so?

Ghosttowns.com
06-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Angie Jensen

: I did the hike up to Monte Cristo in the summer of approximately 1990. It was awesome and worth the hike in my opinion. Be sure to take plenty of water...I didn't and felt it afterwards. I don't know anything about getting a key to open the gate, but that takes away the anticipation and satisfaction of arriving at the 'town'. Now that I think about it, I do remember being passed by a vehicle or two. However you get there, it will be worth it! Be sure to post a follow up if you go.

Ghosttowns.com
09-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Richard Mildred

: : Last year before making my trip to the Seattle area I posted a question regarding Monte Cristo, Washington and was informed that rather then make the hike one can get a key to the gate from the county. Where do I have to go to get this key and what is the fee?

: : I did not go there as it turns out, but am making a third trip next month and may decide to check it out.

: : Is it a worthwhile hike if I choose to do so?