PDA

View Full Version : Cerro Gordo Water & Mining Co

Ghosttowns.com
01-08-1999, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by paul

: I would like to know some detailed information on Cerro Gordo. I have some old stock certificates dated 1873, might be worth something to somebody. Started out curious on value, ended up fascinated by history of ghost towns. Specifically would like to know who sold to who from 1959 on, and why. Was this property involved in the water swindle from Los Angeles? Any info appreciated. Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
01-09-1999, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: : I would like to know some detailed information on Cerro Gordo. I have some old stock certificates dated 1873, might be worth something to somebody. Started out curious on value, ended up fascinated by history of ghost towns. Specifically would like to know who sold to who from 1959 on, and why. Was this property involved in the water swindle from Los Angeles? Any info appreciated. Thanks

: REPLY
: The townsite is currently owned primarily by Jody Stewart and is accessible by county road. Jody has maintained the historic buildings as sort of a Bed & Breakfast establishment. She is listed in the phone book (don't have her number currently, but email me at the above address and I can send it to you) and Don Becker of Independence, CA are probably the utmost authority on every aspect of Cerro Gordo.

Ghosttowns.com
03-09-1999, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by lynn hopkins

:

: : I would like to know some detailed information on Cerro Gordo. I have some old stock certificates dated 1873, might be worth something to somebody. Started out curious on value, ended up fascinated by history of ghost towns. Specifically would like to know who sold to who from 1959 on, and why. Was this property involved in the water swindle from Los Angeles? Any info appreciated. Thanks