PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher NV

Ghosttowns.com
01-11-1999, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Kurt Schneider

: Does anyone out there have any info on Fletcher NV? It is located at a crossroads just north of Aurora. There is a single stone building and a spring that feeds into a pond. I would really like any history anyone would have on the place. I spent a great weekend there a few years back, and I can't wait to return. THANKS in advance! -kurt

Ghosttowns.com
01-11-1999, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Rob

: Fletcher was a stage station on the Bodie-Hawthorne road. It was a stage station from about 1881 on and a post office operated there at various times between 1883 and 1919.

:
: : Does anyone out there have any info on Fletcher NV? It is located at a crossroads just north of Aurora. There is a single stone building and a spring that feeds into a pond. I would really like any history anyone would have on the place. I spent a great weekend there a few years back, and I can't wait to return. THANKS in advance! -kurt

Ghosttowns.com
01-20-1999, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Lewis Shorb

: : Does anyone out there have any info on Fletcher NV? It is located at a crossroads just north of Aurora. There is a single stone building and a spring that feeds into a pond. I would really like any history anyone would have on the place. I spent a great weekend there a few years back, and I can't wait to return. THANKS in advance! -kurt

: Hey Kurt,
: I read in one of my books, "Gunfighters, Highwaymen & Vigilantes" by Roger McGrath, on page 173 about a stage robbery near there, it was originaly called "Five Mile House" probably because thats the distance from there to Aurora.
: I have driven by this site many times, is there much left to explore?

: Lewis