PDA

View Full Version : Thorndale (Sullivan CO PA)

Ghosttowns.com
07-19-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by John Marcson

: I have been attempting to access a ghost town where my great grandmother grew up. It is near Laporte PA, and still shows up on road maps, although there are no roads that go to it. There is supposidly access through state games lands above Nordmont, but the path marked "Thorndale road" dead ends very near where I suspect the site to be.... however I do not believe it reaches it. The railroad grades on route 220 are now private property and have ben turned into logging roads ....

:
: Anyone have info on this site?

:
: John

Ghosttowns.com
07-19-2003, 07:25 AM

: To be more specific on location
: Thorndale, Pennsylvania, United States is in Sullivan County; location is 4125'28"N 7625'16"W

: : I have been attempting to access a ghost town where my great grandmother grew up. It is near Laporte PA, and still shows up on road maps, although there are no roads that go to it. There is supposidly access through state games lands above Nordmont, but the path marked "Thorndale road" dead ends very near where I suspect the site to be.... however I do not believe it reaches it. The railroad grades on route 220 are now private property and have ben turned into logging roads ....

: :
: : Anyone have info on this site?

: :
: : John

Ghosttowns.com
07-19-2003, 08:07 AM

: Found the state game maps....

: http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/PGC/SGL/pdfHigh/013A.pdf

: http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/PGC/SGL/pdfHigh/013B.pdf

: http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/PGC/SGL/pdfHigh/013C.pdf

:
: : To be more specific on location
: : Thorndale, Pennsylvania, United States is in Sullivan County; location is 4125'28"N 7625'16"W

:
: : : I have been attempting to access a ghost town where my great grandmother grew up. It is near Laporte PA, and still shows up on road maps, although there are no roads that go to it. There is supposidly access through state games lands above Nordmont, but the path marked "Thorndale road" dead ends very near where I suspect the site to be.... however I do not believe it reaches it. The railroad grades on route 220 are now private property and have ben turned into logging roads ....

: : :
: : : Anyone have info on this site?

: : :
: : : John

r5248
03-14-2004, 06:37 PM

: I have been attempting to access a ghost town where my great grandmother grew up. It is near Laporte PA, and still shows up on road maps, although there are no roads that go to it. There is supposidly access through state games lands above Nordmont, but the path marked "Thorndale road" dead ends very near where I suspect the site to be.... however I do not believe it reaches it. The railroad grades on route 220 are now private property and have ben turned into logging roads ....

:
: Anyone have info on this site?

:
: JohnI have a hunting cabin near Thorndale and have been there numeroustimes. It is only accessable by walking through state game lands. The only thing that remains of the buildings is the foundations. It is still pretty neat though. George at r5248@aol.com