PDA

View Full Version : Silverbell, Arizona

Ghosttowns.com
08-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by John M. Guerrero

: I would like to know where silverbell, arizona is located? I would like directions if possible. I believe that I have a great grandmother buried in the cemetary. I would like to know about the people and the names of the people buried if possible so I can continue my search of my family.

: Sincerely,

: John M.Guerrero

Ghosttowns.com
08-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Tom

: : I would like to know where silverbell, arizona is located? I would like directions if possible. I believe that I have a great grandmother buried in the cemetary. I would like to know about the people and the names of the people buried if possible so I can continue my search of my family.

: : Sincerely,
: : John M.Guerrero

: John,

: Silver Bell is located northwest of Tucson. There is a street running north and south on the far west side of Tucson which is Silver Bell Road which goes there.

: You can also get to Silver Bell from the exits 242 and 226 going west on I-10 just north of Tucson. Exit 236 at Marana will also take you there.

Ghosttowns.com
08-06-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by steve in so az

:
: John - I have been to Silverbelle several times. Dont remember a cemetary - doesnt mean there isnt one there. The land there is frequently washed away with the occasional rains that we have. About the only thing left is some slight structures from the mining action and an old adobe wall or two. You can find an online map layout of the place somewhere. Dont remember where exactly - try the search sites.Steve in so az

Bobby
01-18-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by John M. Guerrero

: I would like to know where silverbell, arizona is located? I would like directions if possible. I believe that I have a great grandmother buried in the cemetary. I would like to know about the people and the names of the people buried if possible so I can continue my search of my family.

: Sincerely,

: John M.Guerrero

Silverbell,
Drive directions: Via I-10 Rillito Exit 242 (Avra Valley Road) or via Red Rock - Exit 226 or via Marana - Exit 236.
Via Rillito: Drive 23 miles west to The Silver Bell mine, and continue to Silverbell. 2WD is OK.

The original Silverbell is north from the newer Silver Bell. After the pawed road end drive 5,8 miles to west. After 5,8 miles another road goes to northwest. The hills on front of you and cemetery are everything what is left of Silverbell, wich was home for 3000 people in the years 1860 to 1920.
There was many foundations beside the new diggings, but the old Silverbell is destroyed by ASARCO witch is behind the fence. Only thing that is left is the cemetery, about 2 miles west of the town, because still some relatives are in life. If those war not in live, the ASARCO wil put also this area behind the fence.
Distance of 13 miles between Silverbell and Sasco is one interesting driving, special for people who are interesting in railways. Mostly of the road is the original railroad of "Arizona Southern Railroad" built in 1904 for transport of ore from the mines in Silverbell to the smelters in Sasco. The track was digget up in 1934.

Regards from Denmark
Bobby Zlatevski

PS
If you need some more information about AZ, you welcome to ask.