PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Bodie on September 11, 2001

Ghosttowns.com
09-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Cecile

: Even the ghost town of Bodie was profoundly affected by 9/11. Here's a link to my travels from L.A. to Bodie in the days immediately after the event http://explorehistoricalif.com/911.html

Ghosttowns.com
09-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: Nice link...I especially was touched by the picture of the flags half-staffed at the gate!!!

Ghosttowns.com
09-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Cecile

: It was incredibly emotional to drive up and see that! An event that powerful that even ghost towns were affected. The original old miners would have never imagined such an event, let alone communication devices that got the news out instantly. But being there afterwards and celebrating the history of our country, just seemed the fitting thing to be doing, and I was glad to see so were a whole bunch of other people!

: : Nice link...I especially was touched by the picture of the flags half-staffed at the gate!!!

Ghosttowns.com
09-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Johnnie Sheila

: : It was incredibly emotional to drive up and see that! An event that powerful that even ghost towns were affected. The original old miners would have never imagined such an event, let alone communication devices that got the news out instantly. But being there afterwards and celebrating the history of our country, just seemed the fitting thing to be doing, and I was glad to see so were a whole bunch of other people!

:
: : : Nice link...I especially was touched by the picture of the flags half-staffed at the gate!!!

: We too love your story and how you put the reader right there with you guys,

: Take care
: Johnnie & shiela

: