PDA

View Full Version : Jarbidge, NV

Ghosttowns.com
01-26-1999, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by David

: I find very little information on the web about the town of Jarbidge, Nevada. I'm aware that there are about 20 or 30 permananet residents there, but it is called a "living ghost town". I plan to visit the region later this year, and hope to be better informed of what ghost town sites might exist in that part of the state. Any insights, photos, web sites or books about Jarbidge would be helpful and much appreciated.

Ghosttowns.com
01-27-1999, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: : I find very little information on the web about the town of Jarbidge, Nevada. I'm aware that there are about 20 or 30 permananet residents there, but it is called a "living ghost town". I plan to visit the region later this year, and hope to be better informed of what ghost town sites might exist in that part of the state. Any insights, photos, web sites or books about Jarbidge would be helpful and much appreciated.

: REPLY FROM DAVID A. WRIGHT:
: As for books, try NEVADA GHOST TOWNS & MINING CAMPS by Stan Paher; TOURING NEVADA: A HISTORIC AND SCENIC GUIDE by Mary Ellen and Al Glass; THE COMPLETE NEVADA TRAVELER, published annually by David W. Toll (I believe he has a website). Also try looking at the State of Nevada website for further links.

Ghosttowns.com
01-28-1999, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Tom Wood

: : I find very little information on the web about the town of Jarbidge, Nevada. I'm aware that there are about 20 or 30 permananet residents there, but it is called a "living ghost town". I plan to visit the region later this year, and hope to be better informed of what ghost town sites might exist in that part of the state. Any insights, photos, web sites or books about Jarbidge would be helpful and much appreciated.
: Two books come to mind, Ghosts of the Glory Trail and Soveriegns of the Sage by Nell Murbarger both have chapters on Jarbidge.

Ghosttowns.com
01-29-1999, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Joan Huskey

: Hello,

: I would like to know if anyone at Jarbridge, Nevada is on line or has a
: site?

: What county is it in?

: My step father was Superintendent of the mine for Newmont Mining Corp.
: until it closed down. They hit a fault and then a piece of machinery
: broke down. World War 11 had just started and New Mont shut the mine
: down. We then went to the Silver Cloud mine out of Battle mountain.

: I would love to here from the kids that went to the one room School
: house at Jarbridge. I would especially like to make contact with the
: daughter of the mine nurse at Jarbridge. I think the last name was
: Doherty. I spelled phonetically. We went to school together at St.
: Mary's Academy at Boise Idaho. The year would have been 1941 or 1942.
: I heard that she was an RN and worked in the Green Valley, Calif. area.

: Thank you for reading this.
: Eddie Joan Huskey: : I find very little information on the web about the town of Jarbidge, Nevada. I'm aware that there are about 20 or 30 permananet residents there, but it is called a "living ghost town". I plan to visit the region later this year, and hope to be better informed of what ghost town sites might exist in that part of the state. Any insights, photos, web sites or books about Jarbidge would be helpful and much appreciated.

: : REPLY FROM DAVID A. WRIGHT:
: : As for books, try NEVADA GHOST TOWNS & MINING CAMPS by Stan Paher; TOURING NEVADA: A HISTORIC AND SCENIC GUIDE by Mary Ellen and Al Glass; THE COMPLETE NEVADA TRAVELER, published annually by David W. Toll (I believe he has a website). Also try looking at the State of Nevada website for further links.

Ghosttowns.com
01-20-2000, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by wanda

: I know that this is almost a year later. But . . .Helen E. Wilson, who was born in Jarbidge, in 1910, I believe, wrote a book called GOLDFEVER. She also published the book.

: For what is currently happening in Jarbidge you can access the Elko Daily Free Presses web site.

: www.elkodaily.com

Ghosttowns.com
02-20-2000, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by GrandmaC

: : : I find very little information on the web about the town of Jarbidge, Nevada. I'm aware that there are about 20 or 30 permananet residents there, but it is called a "living ghost town". I plan to visit the region later this year, and hope to be better informed of what ghost town sites might exist in that part of the state. Any insights, photos, web sites or books about Jarbidge would be helpful and much appreciated.

: : Two books come to mind, Ghosts of the Glory Trail and Soveriegns of the Sage by Nell Murbarger both have chapters on Jarbidge.

: MY REPLY: I have just started a web that has pictures of Jarbidge, The issue surrounding Jarbidge South Canyon Road Shovel Brigade, Pictures of the Wilderness, Etc. I will link on url below.

Ghosttowns.com
07-06-2000, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by sue

: hELLO, mY DAD LIVED IN jARBIDGE, NEV WHEN WE WAS A BOY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. IF YOU KNOW OF ONE PLEASE EMAIL ME. I SAW A PIC OF HELEN WILSON THE TOWN HISTORIAN. WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO HER.

: SUE TIDWELL CHAMBERS

:

: :

Ghosttowns.com
11-30-2000, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by RICK RAWSON

: What is the goverment of Jarbidge??

: I;m hering some strange comments.

:

Ghosttowns.com
01-15-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Carl Raley

: : hELLO, mY DAD LIVED IN jARBIDGE, NEV WHEN WE WAS A BOY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. IF YOU KNOW OF ONE PLEASE EMAIL ME. I SAW A PIC OF HELEN WILSON THE TOWN HISTORIAN. WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO HER.

: : SUE TIDWELL CHAMBERS

: : :

Ghosttowns.com
01-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Carl Raley

: : hELLO, mY DAD LIVED IN jARBIDGE, NEV WHEN WE WAS A BOY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. IF YOU KNOW OF ONE PLEASE EMAIL ME. I SAW A PIC OF HELEN WILSON THE TOWN HISTORIAN. WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO HER.

: : SUE TIDWELL CHAMBERS

: : My father hunted the Jarbidge area in the late "50,s" and own,s a lot there. My son and I have been there the last few summers and have spoken with Helen wilson a number of times.
: She currently resides in San Diego during the summer and get,s up to Jarbidge for a couple months in the summer.
: Very interesting person to talk to if you can catch her there as she was one of the early "croud" there ( although she was only 6 mos. old at her arrival in 1909).
: : :