PDA

View Full Version : Trip Out West

Ghosttowns.com
01-28-1999, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Mo

: Hey! I'm trying to plan a trip out west - and would like to visit several Ghost Towns if possible - where are the best places to visit - I'd been to Nevada City in Montana - so I'd like to find more along those lines.. with buildings intact - and few to no people. If anyone has suggestions - as to which ones, and where they are - I'd appreciate it greatly! Thanks!

Ghosttowns.com
02-14-1999, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Rick Koster

: : Hey! I'm trying to plan a trip out west - and would like to visit several Ghost Towns if possible - where are the best places to visit - I'd been to Nevada City in Montana - so I'd like to find more along those lines.. with buildings intact - and few to no people. If anyone has suggestions - as to which ones, and where they are - I'd appreciate it greatly! Thanks!

: Next time your in Montana try the following. Virginia City, Pony, Garnett,Riminy(?)Phillipsburg,Butte has an area I believe they call Hellroaring Gulch(or that could be in Montana I'm not sure on that one.Then head for Wallace ID, they have a tour in an actual silver mine. Lots of historical buildings, and not too many people.These are to be found on any detailed road atlas, and some are on major highways.Wallace lies right on I-90 just a few miles east of the Idaho Montana border.Good luck. If any questions email me.

Ghosttowns.com
03-04-1999, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Rasberry

: - as to which ones, and where they are - I'd appreciate it greatly! Thanks!

: : Next time your in Montana try the following. Virginia City, Pony, Garnett,Riminy(?)Phillipsburg,Butte has an area I believe they call Hellroaring Gulch(or that could be in

: We are also leaving Delaware on 1 July and heading west. Thinking about going to Wyoming and Colorado. I've been checking on BLM land and ghost town to visit.. and of course dip my fishing line in a few streams.