PDA

View Full Version : Dupont, Missouri

Ghosttowns.com
01-27-1999, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Susan

: I would like to find out infomation on a ghost town Dupont Missouri in Jasper county. Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
02-16-1999, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Paula Dunbar

: : I would like to find out infomation on a ghost town Dupont Missouri in Jasper county. Thanks

: As a native of Jasper County, Missour, I never hear of Dupont. There are small towns and cemeteries near the mines--Oronogo, Prosperity,

: Dueneweg, Duesquene --scattered throughout the

: mining areas. Not many buildings left.

Ghosttowns.com
02-16-1999, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Paula Dunbar

: : I would like to find out infomation on a ghost town Dupont Missouri in Jasper county. Thanks

: As a native of Jasper County, Missour, I never heard of Dupont. There are small towns and cemeteries near the mines--Oronogo, Prosperity,

: Dueneweg, Duesquene --scattered throughout the

: mining areas. Not many buildings left.

SJDryden
10-01-2004, 03:09 PM
There was indeed a place called Dupont. Dupont was an old factory that was located in present day Carl Junction, MO., right next to Center Creek. When I was a child back in the 70's, there was still an old stone clubhouse, swimming pool (named Spiva and dated at 1922-the name "Spiva Pool" and the date are still etched into stone at the pool), a pool house, an old staircase in the bluffs behind the clubhouse leading down to the pool, many factory buildings & wharehouses and a railway connecting it all. The clubhouse was destroyed about 15 years ago to make way for a housing development. The staircase is still in the bluffside, the pool is still there, but the pool house has been knocked down by vandals. You can still find the remnants of various buildings spread out along the old railway bed throughout the countryside.

cmandrew981
09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
yeah there is a old swimming pool and rly nothing else but the pool is there the only way i know to get there is extreamly over grown there and rly hard to find end expect to get wet o and the "spiva pool" dated 1922 isn't all there so it only says spiva 1922 now the rest was broke off and i can't find it