PDA

View Full Version : jarbridge,nevada

Ghosttowns.com
05-09-1998, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by carl maase

: does anyone know about jarbridge,nevada? is it worth going all the way out there to see? is there good photography there? do the people that live there like or tolerate visitors? can i camp there? is there water? when is the best time to visit?

Ghosttowns.com
09-19-1998, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Chuck Flood

: : does anyone know about jarbridge,nevada? is it worth going all the way out there to see? is there good photography there? do the people that live there like or tolerate visitors? can i camp there? is there water? when is the best time to visit?

: It's actually spelled "Jarbidge". It's worth the trip. Not deserted,
: about 20 people living there last I was there, a small store/bar still
: in business. 2-3 false fronts. People weren't really friendly though.
: They live there to get away from it all and don't seem to like
: visitors.

Ghosttowns.com
12-30-1998, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Allen W. Conklin

: : does anyone know about jarbridge,nevada? is it worth going all the way out there to see? is there good photography there? do the people that live there like or tolerate visitors? can i camp there? is there water? when is the best time to visit?

: I visited the town summer before last. Doing some geneology, I found my great gandparents (named Fritz) had moved there to work in the mines in the late 1800's. They apparently died there also. I went looking for anyone named Fritz who might still be there. Jarbridge is way out in the sticks, down a gravel road that went on forever. When I got there, I found the people very friendly and willing to help. They directed me to their "mayor", an octogenarion with an honorary title. He gave us lots of information, and even showed me Granny Fritz' old home, although the last Fritz had moved away many years ago. The area is rugged, but beautiful. The town is almost a ghost town, with very few people there. The only industry seemed to be fishing. The town is out of the old west and was apparently the site of the last stagecoach hold up. If you fish, its worth the trip. There is camping there.

Ghosttowns.com
01-06-1999, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Anita Showalter

:

: Hello my name is anita showalter and i own murphy hot spring located 15 miles southwest.
: most everybody who travels the three creek road must go thre are place.
: I think the views and wild life are incredible very much like the john muir wilderness and sespe wilderness in cal;ifornia. threre is lodging at the red barn hotel, thre is a saloon named the red dog. June and july is good because the weather conditions are like the Sierra Nevedas with the late snow melt. it's incredible weith wonderful views of indian paint brush, and lupins.

Ghosttowns.com
01-19-2001, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Annette Cutler

: : : does anyone know about jarbridge,nevada? is it worth going all the way out there to see? is there good photography there? do the people that live there like or tolerate visitors? can i camp there? is there water? when is the best time to visit?

: : It's actually spelled "Jarbidge". It's worth the trip. Not deserted,

: : about 20 people living there last I was there, a small store/bar still

: : in business. 2-3 false fronts. People weren't really friendly though.

: : They live there to get away from it all and don't seem to like

: : visitors.

: Jarbidge is the neatest place we have ever come across,we read an article in the newspaper about the red dog saloon and went to search it out,we met the best people and went back to the fourth of July party ,we had a ball.I love the people there,and can hardly wait to go back . I feel I have made a lifelong friendship whith some of the people there.

Ghosttowns.com
08-21-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Paulette