PDA

View Full Version : Gillman, CO

Ghosttowns.com
01-28-1999, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Hank Gallo

: I would like to know whats happening with Gillman, also. We took a midnite visit about a year ago. Interesting place.

Ghosttowns.com
01-28-1999, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by highgrade gary

: i would be interesting in hearing more about what you found. it's an interesting place. i've been by it several times over the years, but never entered.

Ghosttowns.com
01-30-1999, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by rich

:
: Gilman has been bought by Vail Associates so they can expand the ski area, which is on the other side of the mountain. I doubt if any of the buildings will survive. The mine, which is at the bottom of the Eagle River Canyon below the town, can be reached by hiking in on the UP railroad grade (not legal without permission). There are lots of interesting relics left, but the river has been horribly polluted from effluent coming out of the mine, and is now an EPA Superfund cleanup site. So undoubtedly what is left of the mine will disappear soon.

Ghosttowns.com
02-04-1999, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by highgrade gary

: Thanks for the update. I appreciate your help

AFARRER
12-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Hi there I was born in gilman colorado and I lived there till 1986 when I left b\c my family started getting sick I was U.S. Marshal and I had my fair share of fun there. I miss this town with its bowling and movie theater. Also my girl friend at the time work at the school. My dad worked in the mine and so did most of the town but life was great there if anyone want to know more just post it and i will get back to you. I wouldnt go into town b\c they have a police officer that is there 24/7 and will shot you if he finds u. You will also get a big fine Most of the homes are in very bad shape and could fall at anytime
Have a great day
Lt.Farrer U.S. Marshal:cool:

Mikejts
06-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Can you help Buzz Cooper out. He is in the thread on Gilman. He just posted a note a couple days ago.

Hi there I was born in gilman colorado and I lived there till 1986 when I left b\c my family started getting sick I was U.S. Marshal and I had my fair share of fun there. I miss this town with its bowling and movie theater. Also my girl friend at the time work at the school. My dad worked in the mine and so did most of the town but life was great there if anyone want to know more just post it and i will get back to you. I wouldnt go into town b\c they have a police officer that is there 24/7 and will shot you if he finds u. You will also get a big fine Most of the homes are in very bad shape and could fall at anytime
Have a great day
Lt.Farrer U.S. Marshal:cool:

98taco3
08-22-2005, 10:54 AM
just to clarify, there is no police officer there 24/7. there isnt even one ever in town. This appears to be a common myth about the place. i was there this weekend and didnt see a soul up top or at the mine...

Makenziejames
02-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Lt Farrer

If you are still around checking on your post...
I am very interested in learning more about Gilman Colorado.
Is there any way to gain access to the town. Are you still in contact with other former residents?
If so, I'd love to talk with you or anyone else who has a link to Gilman.
Please let me know the best way to contact you.
Thanks so much
MJ

Mikejts
03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Lt Farrer

If you are still around checking on your post...
I am very interested in learning more about Gilman Colorado.
Is there any way to gain access to the town. Are you still in contact with other former residents?
If so, I'd love to talk with you or anyone else who has a link to Gilman.
Please let me know the best way to contact you.
Thanks so much
MJ

If you are still interested let me know as I do have a few names that I can contact that may be willing to talk.