PDA

View Full Version : Something's fishy in Cortez

Ghosttowns.com
01-28-1999, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by C. Thomsen

: there is a little ghost town in north central Nevada called Cortez. A few months ago I was there at night. I came upon what I could best describe as a large man-made bowl about the size and depth of a backyard swimming pool. In the middle of this "bowl" was a great big "X" made out of white thin plastic with a stake in the middle. There was a very eerie feeling. I wanted to climb down and explore but was really scared for some reason. This is modern day stuff. Could this be a new mining venture or is there something fishy going on in Cortez. If anybody has info on this or even any general info on Cortez, NE, please let me know. I can't find anything on the net.

Ghosttowns.com
01-28-1999, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bad bob

:
: : there is a little ghost town in north central Nevada called Cortez. A few months ago I was there at night. I came upon what I could best describe as a large man-made bowl about the size and depth of a backyard swimming pool. In the middle of this "bowl" was a great big "X" made out of white thin plastic with a stake in the middle. There was a very eerie feeling. I wanted to climb down and explore but was really scared for some reason. This is modern day stuff. Could this be a new mining venture or is there something fishy going on in Cortez. If anybody has info on this or even any general info on Cortez, NE, please let me know. I can't find anything on the net.

: Maybe it was a homemade satellite dish, or a L Z marker for UFOs!! NO PHOTOS???
: bb.