PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Ghost Towns

Ghosttowns.com
02-04-1999, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Dolores Steele

: Does anyone know of a good book on Oregon Ghost Towns that will give information on the History of each town and also information on how to get there and what is left of the town and area now?

Ghosttowns.com
02-04-1999, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Highgrade Gary

: I know some books that provide some Oregon coverage..1-"Western Ghost Towns" by Lambert Florin......2-"Ghost Town Album" by Lambert Florin (this one I have) 3-

: "Ghost Towns of the American West"by Bill O'Neal and 4- Ghost Towns of the West (a sunset pictorial) by Willam Carter.

: The first one lists 16, the second 5 more, the others have 1 or 2 apiece.

: I really enjoy all your phot contributions to this site. Hope this helps.

Ghosttowns.com
02-06-1999, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by casey

:

: : I know some books that provide some Oregon coverage..1-"Western Ghost Towns" by Lambert Florin......2-"Ghost Town Album" by Lambert Florin (this one I have) 3-

: : "Ghost Towns of the American West"by Bill O'Neal and 4- Ghost Towns of the West (a sunset pictorial) by Willam Carter.

: : The first one lists 16, the second 5 more, the others have 1 or 2 apiece.

: : I really enjoy all your phot contributions to this site. Hope this helps.

: We have also used "Ghost Towns of the West" by Norman Weis. The book was published in "71 but it has pretty good instructions and it's interesting to see the changes. The pictures of how the sites were then are good to compare.

Ghosttowns.com
02-08-1999, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Tom Wood

: : Does anyone know of a good book on Oregon Ghost Towns that will give information on the History of each town and also information on how to get there and what is left of the town and area now?

: I have checked the card catalog at the University of Idaho and found a book entitled Ghost Towns of Washington and Oregon by Donald C. Miller. This book was published in 1977.