05-09-1998, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Todd Underwood

: Howdy Folks, we are looking for information on a
: site in Arizona called Packer, in Yavapai county. If
: you know anything about this site please drop us an
: email. Thank you, Ghosttowns.com

radams
07-05-2004, 06:54 AM
We have been interested in old towns, missions, caves and mines and have traveled all over Texas S. West, Mexico and Arizona.
I have heard of Packer, AZ as a few friends but no one seems to knowexactly where it is.
Our son is back from service in Iraq and we want to start exploring again as well as find some new places for quail. Does anyone have directions to Packer, AZ

Ghostdancer
07-06-2004, 12:28 PM
I have not been to Packer, but I do have a topo which shows the location. Just from viewing the map it appears to be a long journey over a road for 4WD only.

Ghostdancer
07-06-2004, 12:52 PM
The map that I refer to is the USGS map titled Columbia, Ariz. Packer is shown on the upper right hand portion.

The info on the entry for Packer on the website states that it is a 2WD road, but my map shows it as a jeep trail which I take as meaning 4WD.
Open to correction if anyone who is familiar with the site has better info.

Tom

wb7tpi
05-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Packer is a mule train stop for wagons going to Crown King and other mines. It is a few miles up trail fro Tip Top.

Originally posted by Todd Underwood

: Howdy Folks, we are looking for information on a
: site in Arizona called Packer, in Yavapai county. If
: you know anything about this site please drop us an
: email. Thank you, Ghosttowns.com

old judge
05-12-2006, 08:55 AM
34 05 54N, 112 16 10W. Looks like 4WD, or more likely boots on the ground, to me. Mike

Ghosttowns.com
05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Its not all that hard to get to - definitely 4wd though - just a long long trip - there are pics we took on this website last time we were there - beyond Packer is another site called Milk Ranch. Beyond that is the Tip Top trail which hooks up with Horsethief Basin Road but you wont be driving this one...

Johnnie
05-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Its not all that hard to get to - definitely 4wd though - just a long long trip - there are pics we took on this website last time we were there - beyond Packer is another site called Milk Ranch. Beyond that is the Tip Top trail which hooks up with Horsethief Basin Road but you wont be driving this one...

Thanks everyone for the information, we are planing a trip to Arizona this summer and we are compiling a list of places to check out.

J & S

old judge
05-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Johnnie: It's a bumpy road to Packer, but I'll bet the shocks on that '06 Lincoln Navigator you and Sheila drive will make it a real smoooooth trip. OJ