PDA

View Full Version : Ghost towns around Brekenridge,Colorado

Ghosttowns.com
03-07-1999, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Russell Koon

: To anyone with information,

: My family and I will be going on a vacation in mid September in Brekenridge. I would like any information you could give about ghost towns around the area.

: Thank you, Russell Koon

Ghosttowns.com
03-14-1999, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by highgrade gary

: I would go south on route 9 over hoosier pass, there are several towns in that area around Alma,Buckskin Joe,Park City. Beautiful time of year for that area, with the aspen tree in gold.

Ghosttowns.com
03-27-1999, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Tincy Royer

: On your way to Breckenridge you will go through most likely go through Idaho Springs and Georgetown - both major mining camps but not ghost towns - the same with Silver Plumb as you approach the Eisenhower Tunnel. If you go over Hoosier Pass, there were (but not sure still) several old towns around Mt Bross/Democrat (14teeners). In Alma you should stop to see South Park City - a recreation of an old town with many interesting items.

Ghosttowns.com
01-22-2000, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Randy

: Well, its probably a little late now, but outside of Keystone, which is just a few miles from Breckenridge, you can take the Montezuma Rd. into the high country and you'll run into several 4-wheel roads that take you to old abandoned mines and former town sites. The best of them is marked "Saints John" mine; if you follow that road it takes you to a great old ghost town/mine (FYI, its called 'Saints John' because its named after two Saints named John). Like I said, probably a little late now, but there's always next time! Randy

Ghosttowns.com
03-15-2000, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by stephen shattuck

:

: : On your way to Breckenridge you will go through most likely go through Idaho Springs and Georgetown - both major mining camps but not ghost towns - the same with Silver Plumb as you approach the Eisenhower Tunnel. If you go over Hoosier Pass, there were (but not sure still) several old towns around Mt Bross/Democrat (14teeners). In Alma you should stop to see South Park City - a recreation of an old town with many interesting items.

Ghosttowns.com
10-24-2000, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Mark Taylor

: : To anyone with information,

: : My family and I will be going on a vacation in mid September in Brekenridge. I would like any information you could give about ghost towns around the area.

: : Thank you, Russell Koon

: Hello,

: My Name is Mark Taylor a College student at Colorado Mountain College and you will find a town Called Leadville on South Highway 24 its a gost town thats on its way to surviveing again but also if you follow the highway tward Ski Cooper (not copper) on Highway 24 also headed tward Vail you will find an old town on the side of the hill it looks like people live there but you will be hard pressed to find anyone around in fact i doubt it.

: Have a great Vacation

: -Mark