PDA

View Full Version : Frisco, Utah

Ghosttowns.com
03-08-1999, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Kristin

: I'm heading into Utah this week and thinking about stopping in Frisco (southwest Utah, posted on this site). Since the town is a little ways off of the main drag, I'm wondering if it's worth the trek. Judging from the information and photos on this site, the spot is pretty spectacular, but there is also a note that some of the ruins are marked "no trespassing."

: If anyone has visited the spot recently, I'd love to have your input about the town's accessibility. Thanks!

Ghosttowns.com
11-02-1999, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Clint Thomsen

: I spent last weekend exploring the ruins at Frisco. I drove from Salt Lake City and I think it's worth the trek. A few complete buildings and houses remain, but most of what's left is rock foundations of stores and schools. Don't expect to see an elegant "Main Street" like in western films. There are huge dome-shaped brick ovens that are now fenced in, and most of the mining area is marked private property, but there is a lot to see that is public, including the cemetary. It is right off highway 21 about 16 miles west of Milford. You need an offroad vehicle to drive all the way up to the sites. I'd say it's worth it if you know what to expect.

: : I'm heading into Utah this week and thinking about stopping in Frisco (southwest Utah, posted on this site). Since the town is a little ways off of the main drag, I'm wondering if it's worth the trek. Judging from the information and photos on this site, the spot is pretty spectacular, but there is also a note that some of the ruins are marked "no trespassing."

: : If anyone has visited the spot recently, I'd love to have your input about the town's accessibility. Thanks!