PDA

View Full Version : ruby,az

Ghosttowns.com
03-15-1999, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by karen

: want to tour ruby. how? is it worth the trouble?

Ghosttowns.com
03-17-1999, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Tom

: : want to tour ruby. how? is it worth the trouble?

: Karen,

: Permission from the owners is required for a visit to Ruby. This may be obtained for a 13 dollar fee; the number is 744-4471. I think it may now be possible to pay the fee to the caretaker at the gate.

: Yes, it is worth it as there are many structures remaining in fairly good condition.

: It happens that Ruby is of most special interest to me due to a family connection. I wrote a term paper for a class on Ruby and submitted it to this site and can be found here:

: www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/rubypaper.html

: I also submitted a brochure and map:

: www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/brochure.html

: www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/rubymapcurrent.html

: I have a lot of info on Ruby.

: Tom

Ghosttowns.com
03-23-1999, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Bruce

: : i jsut went through the town and it is worth the trip. My daughter is doing a paper on Ruby and we got lots of pictures and video. Anyone who has additional info could Email me. It woudl be greatly appreciated!

: Great town!

Ghosttowns.com
04-22-1999, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by BARRY

: Where is ruby located ?

Ghosttowns.com
06-23-2000, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by philip harding

: : Where is ruby located ?

: Arizona

Ghosttowns.com
07-22-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Hal

: In a word, GO! It's south of Tucson, just a couple of miles above the border, about 25 miles from the highway down a dirt road. In a Jeep, took us about 1-1/4 hrs, but is doable in a regular car.Allow maybe 3 hrs to tour the place. Pre-arrange w/ owner (520)744-4471. We went out on a Sunday morning, saw one other person as we left. Gives you a real sense of how people lived. TAKE YOUR CAMERA!