PDA

View Full Version : Lulu City ,Co.

Ghosttowns.com
04-08-1999, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Cindy T.

: I am looking for information on any legends that are about this city. I have heard some things and I want to make sure it is accurate.

: Thank you.

:

Ghosttowns.com
04-09-1999, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Tom

: Cindy,

: I have just a paragraph of information on a location called Lulu and am assuming it is the same place. It is from Colorado Ghost Towns and Mining Camps by Sandra Dallas on page #129. If you cannot find this book, can I send this to you?

: Tom

Ghosttowns.com
04-09-1999, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by highgrade gary

: The only material I have states that it was established in 1879 and a ghost by 1884. Had a peak Saturday night population of about 500.

: :

Ghosttowns.com
04-17-1999, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Harold W. Johnson

: Another source of references to Lulu City is in Stampede to Timberline by Muriel Sibell Wolle and Guide to Colorado Ghost Towns and Mining Camps by Terry Eberhart. You might check with the Superintendent's office at Rocky Mountain National Park, since Lulu City is in the park.

: : I am looking for information on any legends that are about this city. I have heard some things and I want to make sure it is accurate.

: : Thank you.

: :

Ghosttowns.com
04-22-1999, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by JOhn R Fox

: I've been there. The park does not allow metal detectors to be used there. Not much left. hard to even ascertain the site. It's a nice hike in. Site was disappointing though. I saw about 20 potential foundation depressions. Some brick chunks around on ground. NO buildings standing, even in poor shape. ANy special information you would like substantiated or refuted?