PDA

View Full Version : Lost horse mine

Ghosttowns.com
04-09-1999, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Matt

: In california i have been looking for the Lost horse mine for some time now. If anyone knows where it is at please let me know. I like to look for old mines and i usually find what i'm looking for. please help!

Ghosttowns.com
04-09-1999, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by terry

: : In california i have been looking for the Lost horse mine for some time now. If anyone knows where it is at please let me know. I like to look for old mines and i usually find what i'm looking for. please help!

: the lost horse mine i'm familiar with is in joshua tree national park. unfortunately i don't have my resources at hand or i could give more information, but that's where i'd look.

Ghosttowns.com
04-11-1999, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by kristin

: Lost Horse Mine is inside Joshua Tree National Park, about 16 miles from the West Entrance Station (near the town of Joshua Tree), plus an additional 2-mile hike to the actual mine. If you enter the park during daylight hours, when the entrance stations are manned, you'll be handed one of those park brochures with a detailed map to the spot. Although I've been to Joshua Tree numerous times, I've never actually gone to the mine. According to a hiking book I have, though, there's still a stamp mill there and numerous open shafts. Good luck.