PDA

View Full Version : seek info on ghost town in inyo co CA

Ghosttowns.com
04-11-1999, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Bredt

: I heard recently of a ghost town in a canyon in the mountains between saline valley and owens valley. Ilooked at the map for inyo co listed and none of the towns there fit the description I was given. its at 6000 ft and is only accesable by hiking. does any one have info? please let me know

Ghosttowns.com
04-12-1999, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Rob

:

: : I heard recently of a ghost town in a canyon in the mountains between saline valley and owens valley. Ilooked at the map for inyo co listed and none of the towns there fit the description I was given. its at 6000 ft and is only accesable by hiking. does any one have info? please let me know

: Bredt, that would be the ghost camp of Beveridge. Look back through the archived messages on this board for more info, or look up a site alled Starbucks Hiking. He has a writeup and pictures of Beveridge.

Ghosttowns.com
04-17-1999, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: REPLY:

: That would probably be Beveridge. It is only accessible by hiking, best is from the Saline Valley side. It is a grueling trip as said by those who have done the hike (I personally never have). There are several BBS messages regarding Beveridge here and in the archived messages.

: Other Inyo Range camps are Waucoba and Burgess, both accessible by 4x4 or by foot.