PDA

View Full Version : Storey County, Nevada

Ghosttowns.com
04-13-1999, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Adam

: I have a facination with Virginia City, NV and the surrounding area. I haven't been able to spend very much time off the beaten path in this area, but I am planning a trip to do just that. Is there anything else in them thar hills that would be interesting to look for?

: I am also interested to see if anyone has some info on the history of some of the building in Virginia City and nearby towns, I know V.C. isn't really a ghost town, but its **** close! Any info would be GREATLTY APPRECIATED!!! Thank you.

Ghosttowns.com
04-13-1999, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by bad bob

: : I have a facination with Virginia City, NV and the surrounding area. I haven't been able to spend very much time off the beaten path in this area, but I am planning a trip to do just that. Is there anything else in them thar hills that would be interesting to look for?

: : I am also interested to see if anyone has some info on the history of some of the building in Virginia City and nearby towns, I know V.C. isn't really a ghost town, but its **** close! Any info would be GREATLTY APPRECIATED!!! Thank you.

: Howdy Adam.

: The gal at the Gold Hill Hotel/Bar told me there

: was a gt, (or gt site) and I think it was called

: American Camp. She gave me the directions, but it was late in the afternoon, so we decided not to search for it that trip. If you have time to make the inquiries, would appreciate you posting the results here. Dayton, and the Sutro Tunnel

: are worth visiting if you haven't already, and I

: would also check out the State library in Carson

: City for info related to the area.

: bad bob

Ghosttowns.com
04-14-1999, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Tom Wood

: : I have a facination with Virginia City, NV and the surrounding area. I haven't been able to spend very much time off the beaten path in this area, but I am planning a trip to do just that. Is there anything else in them thar hills that would be interesting to look for?

: : I am also interested to see if anyone has some info on the history of some of the building in Virginia City and nearby towns, I know V.C. isn't really a ghost town, but its **** close! Any info would be GREATLTY APPRECIATED!!! Thank you.

: A couple of great resources for finding out about what there is to see in Storey County would be Ghost Towns and Mining Camps of Nevada by Stanley Paher and also USGS topographical maps of the area.

Ghosttowns.com
04-24-1999, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: Julia Bulettes's Grave on Flowery Hill!!!

: Ther is a great book by Douglas McDonald, I believe, that lists smaller obsolete ghost towns in the area.

Ghosttowns.com
03-01-2000, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Paul Willis

: : : I have a facination with Virginia City, NV and the surrounding area. I haven't been able to spend very much time off the beaten path in this area, but I am planning a trip to do just that. Is there anything else in them thar hills that would be interesting to look for?

: : : I am also interested to see if anyone has some info on the history of some of the building in Virginia City and nearby towns, I know V.C. isn't really a ghost town, but its **** close! Any info would be GREATLTY APPRECIATED!!! Thank you.

: : Howdy Adam.

: : The gal at the Gold Hill Hotel/Bar told me there

: : was a gt, (or gt site) and I think it was called

: : American Camp. She gave me the directions, but it was late in the afternoon, so we decided not to search for it that trip. If you have time to make the inquiries, would appreciate you posting the results here. Dayton, and the Sutro Tunnel

: : are worth visiting if you haven't already, and I

: : would also check out the State library in Carson

: : City for info related to the area.

: : bad bob

: ---------------------------------------------------

: ATTENTION:

: Would like to know about Property for Sale STOREY

: COUNTY, RAINBOW BEND, LOCKWOOD, MUSTANG, AND

: VIRGINIA CITY HIGHLANDS, WHERE I USE TO LIVE.

: Am traveling Asia now. Retired Play a little Golf,

: Have home in Angeles City, Philippines

: 63-45-892-5046 Cell# 0918-228-2327

: home Calif.

: PAUL WILLIS Mail Here

: 12625 FREDERICK ST. i-5 PMB-354

: MORENO VALLEY, CALIF. 92553

: Nevada, but never there, for a year at a time.

: 2065 Rabbit Drive

: Carson City, Nevada

: 89704

: Email pauwilis@bigfoot.com paulwillis@usa.com

: pauwilis@china.com pauwilis@netasia.angeles.net

: See Ya All when move back next year.?

: P.S. IS CONNIE FOSTER, WIFE OF GEORGE FOSTER,

: STILL SELL PROPERTIES????????????????