Thread: Hot Springs Near Belmont, NV?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Hot Springs Near Belmont, NV?

Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: I have read in the past (but cant remember where) that there are hot springs/hot tubs near Belmont, NV. I cant seem to find my source and was wondering if anyone out there knew if there are infact tubs in that area of Nevada that the dog and I might be able to hit when we're there this week (right before the rally!!!)

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Hot Springs Near Belmont, NV?

Originally posted by Tom Wood

: : I have read in the past (but cant remember where) that there are hot springs/hot tubs near Belmont, NV. I cant seem to find my source and was wondering if anyone out there knew if there are infact tubs in that area of Nevada that the dog and I might be able to hit when we're there this week (right before the rally!!!)

:

: Are you referring to Diana's Punch Bowl which is Northeast of Belmont on SR 82?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post
    Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: I have read in the past (but cant remember where) that there are hot springs/hot tubs near Belmont, NV. I cant seem to find my source and was wondering if anyone out there knew if there are infact tubs in that area of Nevada that the dog and I might be able to hit when we're there this week (right before the rally!!!)
    There are many hot springs north of Belmont/Manhattan in Big Smoky Valley, closest is Darrough's hot Spring just north of Carver, NV on Hwy 376 stop and see Lillian Darrough to use her swimming pool full of hot water for $2 per person(one of my favorites). driving north from Belmont up Monitor Valley road, you first come to Dianna's Punch Bowl and hot ditch around the base of the cone, several hot pools can be found in the ditch, driving further north will bring you to Potts Hot Springs which fill a metal tub with perfect 104 degree water, driving further north to the Monitor Ranch and turning back to the west will lead you to Spencer Hot Springs and it's several pools, some metal tubs, some stone lined, some just dug dirt pools, Hwy 376 meets Hwy 50 nearby. There are other hot springs if you are willing to search them out, a google or a visit to http://www.soak.net will help you locate them.

Default Tread Lightly in Monitor Valley

Quote Originally Posted by milliejohn View Post
    ...driving north from Belmont up Monitor Valley road, you first come to Dianna's Punch Bowl and hot ditch around the base of the cone, several hot pools can be found in the ditch...

Some of the ditches in the fields off the hill (Diana's Punch Bowl) could be fun but remember all of that is private land. If you wander up to the actual Diana's Punch Bowl ('cone')keep your dog on a leash and take care. If you should slip in, you'd be a goner. Respect the fact that is is private property and the rest of us won't have to put up with obnoxious keep out signs.
    Yet Another Bob

Thread Information