Thread: wanted: To Buy abandoned,deserted or ghost town anywhere in USA

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default wanted: To Buy abandoned,deserted or ghost town anywhere in USA

Originally posted by John H. Bridgeford

I whish to perchase a deserted, abandoned, or ghost town, or home anywhere in the usa. If you have such a place or know of someone who does e-mail me at: Acquisions@aol.com with all information and Telephone # to reach you. Thank You!!!!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: wanted: To Buy abandoned,deserted or ghost town anywhere in USA

Originally posted by Pac rat

In Reply to: wanted: To Buy abandoned,deserted or ghost town anywhere in USA posted by John H. Bridgeford on November 13, 1999 at 22:19:13:

I Know of a ghost town and surounding mines in southeastern AZ. Aprox 828 total arces divided up into 23 36 arce parcels.

Default Re: wanted: To Buy abandoned,deserted or ghost town anywhere in USA

Originally posted by Earl H. Williams

In Reply to: Re: wanted: To Buy abandoned,deserted or ghost town anywhere in USA posted by Pac rat on January 23, 19100 at 20:20:28:

: I Know of a ghost town and surounding mines in southeastern AZ. Aprox 828 total arces divided up into 23 36 arce parcels.

I am interested in the SE.AZ. area, around Tombstone, Douglas, etc. Are you selling the homesites. We were in that area about 10 years ago and ran across a town outside tombstone on
    a dirt road. There were quite a few empty houses
    along the side of the road, appeared that the homes could be habitable with a little work and ingenuity, I noticed a couple of mines in area that were shut down or played out. I found out
    that when the mine closed finally in the early 50's the people just upped and left the houses as
    they were, which were probable built by and owned the mining co.
    Any ideas on this town, it has had me fascinated since.

Earl in Ma.

Smile want to inquire about purchasing a ghost town.

Hi
    I am new to this site. So bear with me. Reading your request. Are there any abandoned, deserted or ghost towns still for sale out west? Can you stake a claim on a abandoned ghost town? Would like some information if you could supply any. Is water a factor in abandonment? I love to read the story's too about the mines.

Default 'Buying' a ghost town

First thing I would do is find the property(s) you want to buy and then research ownership in the County seat town, which hopefully still exists. That may sound funny but for example Goldfield is the County Seat for Esmeralda County.

Default To buy abandoned,deserted or ghost town anywhere in USA

SBruce ,it's funny you mentioned Goldfield.We have a couple of such places here in Texas. One is Lipscomb
    seat of Lipscomb County.
    There are several towns in the county, but the seat is small,don't recall how many people live there.
    Another one is Mentone,in Loving County,and the only town.
    www.texasescapes.com and The Handbook of Texas Online also has information on these places.
    They had in the paper I think maybe earlier this year about the town of Albert,Texas,which was for sale.It too is a ghost town,and is near the Fredricksburg area.Fredricksburg being the home town of Admiral Chester A.Nimitz and the Museum of the Pacific.
    Of course it's not a ghost town, some major highways run through it and is popular with tourists,local and otherwise.The old schoolhouse still stands, and maybe a few other buildings.
    Try Googling Albert,Tx and see what you get.
    Another place like the ones mentioned above is Garden City,in Glasscock County. I think it has a population of 300 or so, plus there are the communities of St.Lawrence and Lees.
    Don't know how many are in Lees, but St.lawrence has an active Catholic church .
    Lot of ghost towns around the area, but I guess you would need to contact the State of Texas,possibly the state tax assor collector.

Thread Information