Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A LATE 1800'S TOWN?

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

BUMPED into piece of crap. Miserable &%^$#@ spammer.

Smile What a wonderful idea and coincidence

Hi , I am 48 with a severe hidden dissabillity . I was thinking yesterday if I could do anything I would love to live in a Western type town . Gunsmoke is my favorite show lol . I have a great imagination and business sense . I would love to build up a apothocary /Salloon . My dream is to be part of a therapuetic community and what could be more therapuetic than this theme . It would be hard ....coming up with land / with water . Dealing with sewage .....even eachother and the financial hardships . It would seem for it too work it would have to be tourist driven to bring in $$$ . I can help with ideas and you can see where I want to fit in . I would have to use colledge students for workers as I am relegated to sitting but it can be done . Getting a retired Doc would be a big plus . I am afraid a teacher would be not in the budjet if you really think this through . Unless someone wealthy sponsors them . Reality is harsh but what a coincidence this is my dream too . Being part of a town like this and building it into a perpetual trust . Having a set for theatre and the arts . Virginia City has done a wonderful job but this is a neat idea it could be done . I would love to have a wooden plank salloon and build it up . Figure it would take a decade min for it to even find shape . How could we get suitable land thats my question ? Corperate sponsorship ? Colledge sponsorship . Did anyone see the specials on discovery about colonial settlements and similar projects . They also did a wagon train ...Maybe this could evolve simularily . I doubt someone like me could be part of that but we all have dreams ....even the sick and dieing . This is a wonderful dream .

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

another bumpy road in GTville

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hey Nick, there's nothing wrong with dreaming, although my dreams tend to run more toward places with indoor plumbing, electricity and air conditioning.
    I saw a couple of the TV shows in that series you mentioned. The one "Texas Ranch House" stands out in my mind because of the harsh living conditions of trying to eke out an existence in "the good old days" amid the flies, heat, dirt and ornery ranch hands.
    Keep the dream alive Nick, dreamland isn't a bad place to dwell when the real world gets too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Well would you be open to cutting barbs, off-the-wall comments, inuendos, sarcasm, jealous hate mail, and turgid flatulence?
    bb.
    of course, but i do have tendency to ignore them.

Default Back to the past.

i suppose we/you should get back on topic. after all, the people that own this site want us to talk about Ghosttowns and the fun we have exploring them. anyone been to the GT's on the coast of B.C. Canada-? i'm going to explore some of them when i sail to AK next May.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by bavarialand View Post
    of course, but i do have tendency to ignore them.
    The last one may be difficult to ignore, but I believe ignoring them is contrary to being open to them!

The people that own this site are the ones that dredged up this topic from Jan 2000. The category here is "FOR SALE/WANT ADS".
    See above categories to talk about gt s and the fun exploring them.
    Last edited by bad bob; 08-19-2006 at 10:03 AM.

actually I met a few Russian women in my line of work. It appears that she came to this country in hopes of meeting a good man and settling down and starting a family. Turns out he was already married with two others. Bummer for her. she was a nice lady.

did you know that traditional eskimo women chew on their husbands shoes before he leaves the igloo.. I believe it was to thaw them and make them more comfortable for him.

Can any one say VODKA SLURPEE!! who needs Eskimo tittie bars, bring on the Russian Chicks !
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations
    www.ghosttownexplorer.com

I wonder how I would get my wife to chew on my shoes in the morning. She won't even get up to fix me breakfast.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1968 View Post
    I wonder how I would get my wife to chew on my shoes in the morning. She won't even get up to fix me breakfast.
    No, but dip them in honey and let the dog have them. Just don't forget to take them away when they are ready or you'll have sandals.

Thread Information