Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A LATE 1800'S TOWN?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A LATE 1800'S TOWN?

Originally posted by Daniel Woods

In Reply to: DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A LATE 1800'S TOWN? posted by Tracy on January 23, 19100 at 11:50:22:

Please send me more information.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Originally posted by Ann and Mike Parks

In Reply to: DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A LATE 1800'S TOWN? posted by Tracy on January 23, 19100 at 11:50:22:

Tracy,
    We believe we could be an asset to your town for I and my husband have many skills we could share in a community that is willing to have us along with our 2 children.

I(Ann) have skills in quilt making, leather work, cabinet building, gardening and home canning.
    I am also learnign about computer web page building and graphics.

My husband has been in outdoor construction for 9 years. He also has experience with horses and he is good with an axe.

We are learning about building a log cabin from scratch and it seems to be fun. He also has a great deal of patience in learning new things.

Our son who is 13 is ADHD, and we believe a simple but hard life of good old fashion living would help him to grow up and learn what it is to be a man with chilvary.

Our daughter is 11, going on 20 with all the things she is faced with in our community. She needs to know how it is to be young and not grow up so fast in a cruel world.

Please send us more information.

Originally posted by Twila

: I posted a message in November, however, I have decided to not look for a ghost town to purchase, but instead have decided to build my own town. This town will be a replica of a late 1800's town and will be totally self-sufficient. However, residents will be screened and selection will be based on character, values, and habits. If you are interested, contact me for more information.

My husband and I have talked about doing the same thing for quite awhile now, but do not have the money, or the land to do it ourselves. I would be interested in more information about the possible location, and will answere any questions you have about us. Thank you, Twila

Originally posted by LISA LENINGTON

: I posted a message in November, however, I have decided to not look for a ghost town to purchase, but instead have decided to build my own town. This town will be a replica of a late 1800's town and will be totally self-sufficient. However, residents will be screened and selection will be based on character, values, and habits. If you are interested, contact me for more information.

Originally posted by mark mathews

My name is Mark. I currently live in Jackson,Wy where my great, great grandfather homesteaded. I was born in the mountains of North Carolina. I have acquired the skills of building log homes from foundation up. i believe that we were meant to live life under the eye of God our father. I also believe that our youth have taken a turn for the worst. It is nearly impossible to find a place to live where you can trust your neighbors and have community friendship amongst all. I am 30 years old, love nature and believe that you can only fool with nature so long before she turns around to bite you back. I have worked in the environmental sector in California before I moved here. Although I believe that most I have worked with do not understand the word sustainable, meaning you can take a little, (only what you need), and not do damage to hte environment. I am a young christian. I love to be around good people. I also enjoy working with underpriviledeged children and inner city youth. I believe the youth are the foundation of our future. If you would, please send me more info. on your intentions.

Originally posted by Richard Hickok

You have peaked my interest with your offer. I would very much like to hear more of your 1800,s town and it's proposed location, hopefully very remote. I have always felt that I was born in the wrong century and envy the simpler life. This world we now live in is not my world, it is a cruel world without values and the most important of those being life!

Originally posted by Paul Frederick

where will this town be?? I am interested. Please email ffadairy@yahoo.com thatnks PAUL

Originally posted by Brian

The town sounds great how about a bandit and a drunk they had lots of them back let me know and will be glad to help you out.

Originally posted by Sarah A. Cloward

I just saw your posting! I would love more information about the location and such. My sister and I have been thinking of moving away from home together (I am 20 and she is 17) and being roommates. My whole family is fascinated with history! My sister, Amy, and I, Sarah, would be wonderful at fitting in to "old-fashioned" ways. We've long since decided we were born in the wrong time period. Perhaps you could help us remedy that mistake? Please, PLEASE send me information at sara_withanh@yahoo.com.

-Sarah A. Cloward

Originally posted by Joyce Marshall

re:to ghost town

I would love to get back to basics.Please let me know more. I'd love living like my ancestors did.Todays society is too dishonest and immoral for me. I always knew I was born a century or two to late.

Thank-you

Thread Information