Thread: Purchasing a Ghost Town

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Purchasing a Ghost Town

Originally posted by Daniel Lewis
    Im looking to purchase a ghost town, if you have any info on the proccess. or anything at all please email me, Idea's or whatnot. Thank you

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Purchasing a Ghost Town

Originally posted by kenneth
    In Reply to: Purchasing a Ghost Town posted by Daniel Lewis on April 12, 19102 at 13:02:34:

: Im looking to purchase a ghost town, if you have any info on the proccess. or anything at all please email me, Idea's or whatnot. Thank you

check www.hallrealty.net have a listing for the
    town of carson out of lake city colorado

Default Why would you want.......

Just curious but why would you want to purchase a ghost town? Why would anyone want to for that matter? Not being critical or anything, but it would make for interesting conversation and might even expand our understanding? You think?(:-)

RObert Roy

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I've always thought it would be neat to buy an old town site or mine with ample housing and create a vacation/scenic spot. Not a tourist trap like most such towns are, but some place folks could come stay and maybe learn a thing or two about. Kind of like a bed & breakfast coupled with a museum/tour.

There are a few places in Nevada I would like to get that fit. Places that have older houses in decent shape, and mining activity nearby or on the spot that could be cleaned up and used for mine tours. Unfortunately, either big mining companies own the rights and won't sell the land, or you have someone sitting on the plots waiting for their value to sky rocket. Either way, the buildings and structures on these places are fading fast with zero upkeep being done, making it hard to find a place that offers enough authenticity to make it enjoyable and cost effective IMO.

Mining houses are the same way, I know of a couple houses I would like to buy in central Nevada in a heartbeat, but the land is owned by a mining company and you're only buying the house on borrowed land. Makes it hard to find funding, and the thought that they could kick you off anytime they wanted to work the land bothers me. If they'd sell me the land, but not the mineral rights, I'd likely be okay with that.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Default Buying ghost town

Sounds like a nice idea not to mention a good chunk of money. Hope it works out.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post
    Originally posted by Daniel Lewis
    Im looking to purchase a ghost town, if you have any info on the proccess. or anything at all please email me, Idea's or whatnot. Thank you
    I have a ghost town in Idaho for sale. The town is Rocky Bar, Idaho. I have almost 9 acres. If you go to www. ghost towns/Idaho & click on Elmore County Idaho and click on Rock Bar, Idaho it will show you some pictures and a short story about the town. I am asking $250,000.00 for the twon and mineral rights. I actually have a deed on the property as well as the mineral and timber rights.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Johnson View Post
    I have a ghost town in Idaho for sale. The town is Rocky Bar, Idaho. I have almost 9 acres. If you go to www. ghost towns/Idaho & click on Elmore County Idaho and click on Rock Bar, Idaho it will show you some pictures and a short story about the town. I am asking $250,000.00 for the twon and mineral rights. I actually have a deed on the property as well as the mineral and timber rights.
    From the pictures, that looks like a really neat site.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Question So did you finally buy it?

So did you finally buy it or buy any ghost town? New Mexico every so often puts ghost towns up for sale.

Thread Information