Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruby, Arizona

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Ruby, Arizona

Originally posted by Tom

: To any and all who have an interest in Ruby, Arizona. I have some interesting stuff to share.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Ruby, Arizona

Originally posted by Rmcdoanld

: : To any and all who have an interest in Ruby, Arizona. I have some interesting stuff to share.

Originally posted by Tom

: : : To any and all who have an interest in Ruby, Arizona. I have some interesting stuff to share.

: what was the follow up? I see nothing

Originally posted by Jeff McGuire

: : : To any and all who have an interest in Ruby, Arizona. I have some interesting stuff to share.

: I am interested in ghost towns and would like to
    : hear about Ruby, AZ. Thanks.

: Jeff McGuire

Originally posted by billy mutter

:

:
    : i am very interested in seeing ruby arizona when i visit arizona this fall.

Originally posted by Tom McCurnin

:
    : : i am very interested in seeing ruby arizona when i visit arizona this fall.

: Billy,

:
    : The late fall is one of the better times to visit Ruby. It can still be quite warm even in October. If you go to this site:
    :
    : http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/rubypaper.html
    :
    : There is published a research paper that I did on Ruby for one of my classes. Go back to the Ruby page and the photos you see there are mostly mine that I have submitted to this website. I also have published for me a map of Ruby and a pamphlet to be found on the Ruby page.
    :
    : Ruby is on private property and permission is required. This involves a fee of 13 dollars but is well worth it. I believe the number you have to call is listed and from what I understand, you can pay the caretaker the fee.
    :
    : My great grandfather once served as the postmaster of Ruby and one of my great uncles was the Justice of the Peace. This was from 1937 - 1940.
    :
    : I have a lot of material on Ruby to include an article on the murders that occured there in the 1920's. It is from a 1936 detective magazine that belonged to my great grandfather that is in our possession. If you would like a copy, I can mail one to you along with some other stuff I have.
    :
    : The most interesting structures there are the old jail and the school. One of my aunts attended the first grade at that school.
    :
    : Tom

Originally posted by Mike Long

:
    : : : : To any and all who have an interest in Ruby, Arizona. I have some interesting stuff to share.

: : I am interested in ghost towns and would like to
    : : hear about Ruby, AZ. Thanks.

: : Jeff McGuire

Originally posted by William Gatlin

: :

: : :I haven't been to Ruby in several years. My grandmother, Elizabeth (Purcell) Gatlin was shot during the 1920's murder/robbery. She fortunately lived to tell about it. Hope to see Ruby in the not too distant furture. Bill

Originally posted by C. J. (Chuck) Kelly Sr.

: I lived and went to school in Ruby. My father worked in the mine and at one time my mother ran the boarding house.

: .

Originally posted by John Scott Lynch

: Hello, my name is JS Lynch and I am a senior at Arizona International College of the University of Arizona. I would like to do my senior capstone project on the town of Ruby, Arizona. My project will rely heavily on qualitative data gathered from interviews and research done from the Arizona Historical Society. The main focus of the project will be to create a lead sculpture or mural based on the history and interviews gathered about Ruby. I believe this project will aid in the restoration efforts of Ruby by bringing community awareness about the historical significance of Ruby. I am asking for any ideas and contacts. Any information would be greatly appreciated and noted in the capstone project.

Thread Information