Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Historic Log Cabin/Property For Sale

Hi, I have tried to email, not valid.....are the 2 properties still available? Please let me know asap. Thanks, The Smiths, ourcharlieboy@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post
    Originally posted by The Johnsons
    Due to illness, we are looking for a special buyer who will appreciate our historic home in the Ozark hills of Arkansas.

It is one of the two original log cabins built in an area that later became a limestone mining town that no longer exists (gone the way of other "ghost towns").

The cabin was built over 100 years ago and still has the original hand-hewn logs well in place. The towering rock fireplace is built from rocks quarried from the property--but it does need some repair to make it usable.

Situated on 10 acres which are heavily treed including lots of cedar. Timber can be farmed/sold once property has been paid for. Year-round creek is approx 50' from front of cabin with over 200' of embankment. Wildlife galore!

Artifacts found all over the property (for instance, someone along the way used newspaper for wallpaper and we found a piece of an article describing rescue boats searching for Titanic survivors -- cool!).

Located two miles in on county road from a major highway, close to the White River and all sorts of recreational opportunities. Historic cemeteries closeby and there is a very active historical society/museum in a nearby town.

The cabin does need some TLC but is quite liveable -- in fact we were living in it as we worked to restore it to its original glory. Electric and phone are installed -- but you will eventual want to intall a septic system and a well. There is a public spring in the area and we were told by a "old timer" that there are springs on our property, but we did not have time/money to locate. There are NO code restrictions!

Asking only $20,000 -- terms available. Refrigerator, rain barrel, some furniture included.

If you are interested (or you have any questions), please email us.

The Johnsons

Are you still selling this property?
    Gordon Peterson
    gordon2191@gmail.com

Talking

Hello , I am interested in the available terms please contact me with all the details if property is still available.Thankyou. my email add. is gotoaprayer@yahoo.com.

thanks for sharing long detail...
    I am looking for any contacts or persons who may have details of property/ land that is for sale on the island.
    If any one has any information please email me, I look forward to hearing from you, A BIG thanks to you all.

Since its been over ten years, I think I'm going to have to unpack my truck, and stop waiting by the phone.

Only $20,000, with terms available... what a deal!

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zardac View Post
    Since its been over ten years, I think I'm going to have to unpack my truck, and stop waiting by the phone.

Only $20,000, with terms available... what a deal!
    We can start a game with this!

Every time somebody fails to check the date of this post, and replies to it like it's active...

You have to take a drink!

Interested in both of the log cabines if they're still available. Can you please email pictures if so. southern.arch@yahoo.com. Very interested.

Gary

Send me a location and I will check it out. How many acres?

Thanks,
    Josh

Thread Information