Thread: 1 ACRE LOT FOR SALE IN BC MINING GHOST TOWN

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default 1 ACRE LOT FOR SALE IN BC MINING GHOST TOWN

Originally posted by dave craig
    1 acre lot for sale in Bradian BC.
    $20,000 canadian dollars, or around
    $13,000 USD.
    Check link for information about the area.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: 1 ACRE LOT FOR SALE IN BC MINING GHOST TOWN

Originally posted by dave
    In Reply to: 1 ACRE LOT FOR SALE IN BC MINING GHOST TOWN posted by dave craig on January 25, 19103 at 15:36:53:

: 1 acre lot for sale in Bradian BC.
    : $20,000 canadian dollars, or around
    : $13,000 USD.
    : Check link for information about the area.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.cayoosh.net/bralorne.html">bradian history</ul>

Default Re: 1 ACRE LOT FOR SALE IN BC MINING GHOST TOWN

Originally posted by D Delormier-Smoke
    In Reply to: Re: 1 ACRE LOT FOR SALE IN BC MINING GHOST TOWN posted by dave on January 25, 19103 at 15:40:04:

: : 1 acre lot for sale in Bradian BC.
    : : $20,000 canadian dollars, or around
    : : $13,000 USD.
    : : Check link for information about the area.

Wink Is it still for sale?

Did you ever sell it Dave? I may still be interested. I believed we talked on the phone a couple of years ago. - Jesse.

Default Interested

Hi there, I was wondering if you are looking for families to relocate there to make Bradian a home?
    Jess

Exclamation To Jess...

Hello Jess!

I already live in this area. Bradian, and the nearby mine, is mostly owned by a commercial developer. There are no homes there suitable for living in and the present land owner isn't anxious to sell. I think they plan on making it into another tourist resort... sometime.

It'll never work, of course, since Bradian is so remote and has nothing to recommend it - it isn't Whistler, though Whistler is a mere six hour drive on REALLY INTERESTING logging roads away.

There are some small parcels of land in the area but they don't have electricity/sewers/water etc. You need a LOT of money to make a home here.

We live literally five minutes from the place in question and do own a home here. The total population in the surrounding mountains is 25 people, and that's dropping.

There *is* a nearby settlement which even has a store (with a lil bit of everything for twice the normal price in it) and it's population count is 42 souls. The houses there go for circa $300,000.00 CAD+. There's no work, of course, so you have to be either independently wealthy, or be able to work via the net to live there.

BRADIAN, the original place in question, has no electricity, so unless you have the funds to put up a couple of windmills and a sat/com link, you can't even get the internet there.

As I write this I'm typing on a very slow dial-up (26bpm max) though we plan to put in a sat/com link in the fall - God Willing.

This place is about as remote as you can get and still be able to drive a 4-wheel drive vehicle.... MOST days.

We have seven-month-long winters and plenty of bugs, bears, deer, moose, cougar - you name it - we have it.

Most people who come here don't stay here long, or they buy and come up for a weekend a year once they've fixed up one of the old mining shacks from the Gold Rush days. You can do that if you have a spare $100,000.00 or so. (That's what we did.)

We're blessed in that we're missionaries, musicians, authors and copywriters, so we can live and work anywhere when we're not abroad tending to our orphan missions.

The beauty here is marred by too much mining and clearcutting but it's still breathtaking. It's a place people either love or hate, and in the seven years we've lived here (we lived in Whistler for nine years prior to that, so we know the area well) we've seen more people leave than stay.

Bradian is off limits, as in it's completely owned already, so the land mentioned isn't ACTUALLY in Bradian, but rather, a few twists and turns above it. It is in dense forest and doesn't have a view, but if you don't mind that and are just looking for privacy, well... you just might like it.

Bradian is really the third site in a three-site settlement. I/we live in the second site, and a few people live in site one.

That's about it.

There are pics on the web if you care to Google for them, or you can visit my site at http://www.JesseLeighBrackstone.com . There are several slide-shows, one on the biography page, and a couple on the photography page which will give you an idea of what this area and the surrounding mountains look like. You can see more pics on the music page too.

Hope this helps.

Love- Jesse.
    Last edited by Jesse; 04-20-2007 at 04:12 AM. Reason: To add a link to pictures.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Jesse, What a lovely, descriptive post. I've never been to your area, probably never will, but descriptions and photos like yours' certainly help the armchair traveler enjoy the scenery anyway.
    Thanks for sharing. Good luck in your ministries.

Thread Information