Thread: HELP

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default HELP

Originally posted by Rex

: I'm going to reno with family need to know directions to Aurora or any cool ghost towns or mines close to reno or tahoe. please help thank you!!!!!!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: HELP

Originally posted by Todd Underwood

: : I'm going to reno with family need to know directions to Aurora or any cool ghost towns or mines close to reno or tahoe. please help thank you!!!!!!

: From the town of hawthorne on 95, go south on 369 4.0 miles and turn right
    : on a dirt road. 18.6 miles later you will hit the town of Fletcher. Continue
    : 1.6 miles to the fork and take the right fork for 4.5 miles to Aurora. The
    : left fork for 3.0 miles takes you to Del monte. That is three all right
    : together you could visit. Ghosttowns.com

Originally posted by Rob

:
    : : : I'm going to reno with family need to know directions to Aurora or any cool ghost towns or mines close to reno or tahoe. please help thank you!!!!!!

: You could also take 395 south to about 7.5 miles south of Bridgeport. Follow the signs to Bodie, then continue about 14 miles east of Bodie on a marked dirt road to Aurora. There isn't much left at Aurora except debris and foundations. Not alot unless you are a purist. Other sites closeby include Masonic, Pine Grove, and Rockland.

Originally posted by Lewis Shorb

:
    : :
    : : : : I'm going to reno with family need to know directions to Aurora or any cool ghost towns or mines close to reno or tahoe. please help thank you!!!!!!

: : You could also take 395 south to about 7.5 miles south of Bridgeport. Follow the signs to Bodie, then continue about 14 miles east of Bodie on a marked dirt road to Aurora. There isn't much left at Aurora except debris and foundations. Not alot unless you are a purist. Other sites closeby include Masonic, Pine Grove, and Rockland.

: Hi Rob,
    : Aurora has a great cementary, and if you look around the town you might find the opening of the bricklined unground sewer system. Also the flat area by the cementary was used by later miners as a tennis court.
    : Lewis

Originally posted by Richard Elliott

:
    : :
    : : :
    : : : : : I'm going to reno with family need to know directions to Aurora or any cool ghost towns or mines close to reno or tahoe. please help thank you!!!!!!

: : : You could also take 395 south to about 7.5 miles south of Bridgeport. Follow the signs to Bodie, then continue about 14 miles east of Bodie on a marked dirt road to Aurora. There isn't much left at Aurora except debris and foundations. Not alot unless you are a purist. Other sites closeby include Masonic, Pine Grove, and Rockland.

: : Hi Rob,
    : : Aurora has a great cementary, and if you look around the town you might find the opening of the bricklined unground sewer system. Also the flat area by the cementary was used by later miners as a tennis court.
    : : Lewis

: Hi Rob,
    : :I've been to Auroa twice. Went via the Bodie road from CA. side. Aurora doesn't have much left, but as Lewis said, "..a great cemetery". Of interest is Senator Boring's grave (William M. Boring, died in 1872) and several Civil War vets graves. I wrote an article about Aurora for the Las Vegas Review Journal's Sunday suppliment called The Nevada (Sunday insert) OCt. 3, 1982, titled, "Aurora". Really of interest is the lime kiln to the left of the road as you drive toward Aurora. It is tall and the inside is brick lined. Hope you have fun there. I'll be hiking the old Bodie RR line out of Bodie Ca from July 5-10. Take care and have fun!!

Thread Information