Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mogollon, NM Ghost Town

Default Music and photobucket

Ok, everything is posted on my photobucket account!

I also forgot to say that I would very much enjoy another youtube video from you TTT, especially since you have such great taste in music! (Does anyone else enjoy the music on the ghosttowns.com home page as much as I do?!) Makes me want to whip out my banjo!!

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

FOR BOTH YOU AND GRAVELRASH... (and anybody new to Mogollon) make sure as you are driving up that really fun road, when you see the mine trailings (the white stuff) stop your car atop the mountain at a spot where you can pull off and get out for a leg stretch. It'll be pretty obvious where you can park, and then glance down to the valley below. The view is wonderful, the air pristine and the moment will be recorded into your memory forever...
    Mate, it will be one of the most eagerly looked forward to "leg stretches" of all time!
    There's a few; Rocky Bar - (dunno why), Jarbidge.... and nowadays, Mogollon.
    Of course, they ain't the onliest ones! No siree!
    What a dilemma this old coot faces..... so many GT's, so little time.
    I think I'll become an illegal and stay a while. Everyone else seems to be doing it, why not me?

Babygoo.... I was thinking about your travels and the ever present problem of....the kids! (Been there, done THAT!)

I have a epithet I want enscribed on my grave's headstone.
    " ARE WE THERE YET?"
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by babygoo View Post
    (Does anyone else enjoy the music on the ghosttowns.com home page as much as I do?!) Makes me want to whip out my banjo!!
    Yes, yes, yes!!!
    (My Meg Ryan impression)

I've posted on the music before, as I wanted to know the name of the tune. I LOVE it!... get's the foot tapping away nicely.

Can you believe, some people actually said there's such a thing as too much banjo music!? GaryB, I think it was but there coulda been some other miscreants.
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Default I've got a fever...

And the only perscription is more banjo!

And my kids are too young yet to do the "Are we there yet?", so I have time before I go insane.

tuutuutango Guest

[quote=Gravelrash;31384]
    I think I'll become an illegal and stay a while. Everyone else seems to be doing it, why not me?

Pete old buddy... I think we can figure out a way for you to have legal and permanent resident status here in the USA... I think several of us here on GT can hire you as a consultant for controlling kangaroos on our ranches and farms. That way, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) will give you their "blessings" since you have expertise in varmit-control. And we'll also suggest that ferrel roos are destroying forested areas. This way, The US Forest Service will tie-into your coming here. Last, we will say you are rounding up all the roos and will place them on our Southern Border as an organic and "natural" way to prevent bad guys from coming in down south... By now, Homeland Security will give you their "blessings" and you will probably be able to run for Resident President... Just MHO... 22Tango.
    Last edited by tuutuutango; 03-20-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: ahhh, spelling AGAIN... And I have a degree in Communications... But as the Village Idiot, cut me some saaa-lack

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

[quote=tuutuutango;31404]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post

Pete old buddy... I think we can figure out a way for you to have legal and permanent resident status here in the USA... I think several of us here on GT can hire you as a consultant for controlling kangaroos on our ranches and farms. That way, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) will give you their "blessings" since you have expertise in varmit-control. And we'll also suggest that ferrel roos are destroying forested areas. This way, The US Forest Service will tie-into your coming here. Last, we will say you are rounding up all the roos and will place them on our Southern Border as an organic and "natural" way to prevent bad guys form coming in down south... That way, Homeland Security will give you their "blessings" and you will probably be able to run for Resident President... Just MHO... 22Tango.

There ya are Petey. Ya can't do much better'n that.

XLNT msg 22.

tuutuutango Guest

Exclamation Pete and Roo control

Only one problem with my scheme... No darned roos running loose yet.

I guess we could say the Chubachabra is a long-lost relative of Kanagroos (they kind of look like them but not as cute) and if a whole bunch of us started reporting sightings to our local County Agents, that might get the ball rolling for GravelRash.

I don't even no if any American Zoo has a roo? If so, cut the bars, watch 'em run free and maybe nature will take it's course?

Default Pete and Roos

Oh, I didn't know Pete was a foreigner! Didn't know your name was Pete! If you have glass blowing skills you can get in...my mom works in the art department at a Cal State school and says that's one way. Just thought I'd try and help!

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by babygoo View Post
    Oh, I didn't know Pete was a foreigner! Didn't know your name was Pete! If you have glass blowing skills you can get in...my mom works in the art department at a Cal State school and says that's one way. Just thought I'd try and help!

Pete's our favorite Aussie gt'er. He's fixing to unload his 7-eleven, jump the border and then try and blend in with the Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. Disneyworld? Or was it 6 Flags, Pete?
    Last edited by bad bob; 03-20-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Thread Information