Thread: eagle city, utah

Default eagle city, utah

can anyone supply me with concise, specific directions to eagle city in the henry mts? My daughter and I want to go there when spring semester ends in May.
    Thanks

Default Eagle city

Quote Originally Posted by trekker90
    can anyone supply me with concise, specific directions to eagle city in the henry mts? My daughter and I want to go there when spring semester ends in May.
    Thanks
    Trekker, assuming you know where the Henry Mts are, go south from Hanksville about 21 1/2 or 22 miles, you'll see a dirt road going to the right, take it, you should then see a sign saying Little Egypt, I think about 2 1/2 miles, if so you are on the right road. Stay on it till you come to a 'y', go right, about 2-3 miles you will cross a small stream, take the right fork and start heading into the Henry's. After several miles of going up hill you will come to a 'T' in the road. Turn around and go back about 1/4 mile, watch to your left (north) for old 'landings' dug into the hill side. Right along the road is some old lumber from one of the houses but it's easy to miss. That's Eagle city, or at least what's left of it. There will be large trees in this area on the south side and a small stream right along the road. Not much to see there but if you have a metal detector you might turn up something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cachehunter
    Trekker, assuming you know where the Henry Mts are, go south from Hanksville about 21 1/2 or 22 miles, you'll see a dirt road going to the right, take it, you should then see a sign saying Little Egypt, I think about 2 1/2 miles, if so you are on the right road. Stay on it till you come to a 'y', go right, about 2-3 miles you will cross a small stream, take the right fork and start heading into the Henry's. After several miles of going up hill you will come to a 'T' in the road. Turn around and go back about 1/4 mile, watch to your left (north) for old 'landings' dug into the hill side. Right along the road is some old lumber from one of the houses but it's easy to miss. That's Eagle city, or at least what's left of it. There will be large trees in this area on the south side and a small stream right along the road. Not much to see there but if you have a metal detector you might turn up something.
    Thanks, Cachehunter,

I am familiar with the region and have a topo map of the Crescent Creek/Bromide Basin area. Your description of Eagle City differs significantly from the one on Ghosttowns.com where it is described as having some stone houses and more substantial ruins left. I'm not into metal detecting or "treasure hunting"; my daughter and I just want to visit and "discover". Thanks for your reply.

There really isn't anything there.
    A few log remnants. There is an intermitant
    surface mining operation right near there in Crescent Creek. Now, there is an old stone cabin on the way if coming in from the east.
    I have a book somehwere that has the GPS coords that will get within as stones throw.

Thread Information