Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molson, WA. and Circle City,WA.

Post Molson, WA. and Circle City,WA.

Hi, just found your site and Love it. I had the pleasure of visiting Molson,WA. and Chesaw while on a hunting trip with my dad several years ago. Molson is like three ghost towns in one. There is the real old part, a newer part and the last section was added again still later. On the way back down to Oroville we discovered a place called Circle city. As the story goes, the train would leave Molson and come around the hill and descend toward Oroville and the brakes would get so hot the glow could be seen from miles away. They built a huge circle of flat track into the side of the hill so the trail could stop and cool the brakes before completing the descent. When we were there back in 1981 or 82 all there was was the railroad bed but I guess there used to be water tower and a small town there as well. Would like to find out some more history about this place.
    I have also had the pleasure of finding a small mining town on the North side of Harts Pass which is North of Mazama, WA. Thanks for the great forum. AJ

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Next time I'm up that way I'll have to check those out. About how many hours from Seattle?

I have visited some places near Seattle - Liberty, Roslyn, Pt. Gamble and Dungeness and have photos of these posted on the Washington section.

Tom
    Last edited by Ghostdancer; 03-07-2004 at 08:26 AM.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

Default Photos

Where are your pictures Tom? I am currently investigating Pt. Gamble monthly with my Paranormal group, and would like to see your photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdancer
    Next time I'm up that way I'll have to check those out. About how many hours from Seattle?

I have visited some places near Seattle - Liberty, Roslyn, Pt. Gamble and Dungeness and have photos of these posted on the Washington section.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by MizzMo
    Where are your pictures Tom? I am currently investigating Pt. Gamble monthly with my Paranormal group, and would like to see your photos.
    Right Here for Pt. Gamble. It is not actually a ghost town, but a very interesting historic attraction. I took these photos in August 2003.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

I know its not a ghost town, but it is a town full of ghosts.

I've been in the Walker-Ames house many times. It has some awesome fireplaces in it, with details so amazing. The theatre is pretty interesting as well. We've captured some great ghost voices in there, and will be attempting to do so again this saturday night, as some of us gals, will be camping out on the floor there. We have been going once a month on investigations since November.

Right Here for Pt. Gamble. It is not actually a ghost town, but a very interesting historic attraction. I took these photos in August 2003.

I know its not a ghost town, but it is a town full of ghosts.

I've been in the Walker-Ames house many times. It has some awesome fireplaces in it, with details so amazing. The theatre is pretty interesting as well. We've captured some great ghost voices in there, and will be attempting to do so again this saturday night, as some of us gals, will be camping out on the floor there. We have been going once a month on investigations since November.
    Do you live in the Seattle area? I've made three trips to visit a cousin who lives in Bellevue and visited Pt. Gamble and some other sites during one of these.

The Walker-Ames house was not open when I was there; I would love to have seen the inside of it; looks just like your typical haunted house doesn't it? I don't rtemember a theatre; where is it?

I guess that's one place where you'd expect to encounter ghosts if indeed they do exist. Do these voices ever give you the creeps?

I live in Tucson which is fairly close to Tombstone and there's suppose to be a lot of ghostly activity there.

Tom

The theatre is located across the street on the corner from the Walker-Ames house. It also is the current day post office on the main floor, with the theatre upstairs.
    No, not a city gal here, I live up ne of Seattle in Monroe.
    One thing we've learned to not do while we investigate, is to play back our tapes, then yes, we do get a bit creeped out, well, I don't, but the other ladies do. What I'm doing these days, is doing the digital video, and I usually watch the lcd viewer while I'm shooting, and there you can see the orbs shooting around.
    The thing about ghosts and spirits is, that their always around us. We're just not aware of them.

Do you live in the Seattle area? I've made three trips to visit a cousin who lives in Bellevue and visited Pt. Gamble and some other sites during one of these.

The Walker-Ames house was not open when I was there; I would love to have seen the inside of it; looks just like your typical haunted house doesn't it? I don't rtemember a theatre; where is it?

I guess that's one place where you'd expect to encounter ghosts if indeed they do exist. Do these voices ever give you the creeps?

I live in Tucson which is fairly close to Tombstone and there's suppose to be a lot of ghostly activity there.

Tom

The theatre is located across the street on the corner from the Walker-Ames house. It also is the current day post office on the main floor, with the theatre upstairs.
    No, not a city gal here, I live up ne of Seattle in Monroe.
    One thing we've learned to not do while we investigate, is to play back our tapes, then yes, we do get a bit creeped out, well, I don't, but the other ladies do. What I'm doing these days, is doing the digital video, and I usually watch the lcd viewer while I'm shooting, and there you can see the orbs shooting around.
    The thing about ghosts and spirits is, that their always around us. We're just not aware of them.
    This building here?

Don't remember it as well since it wasn't one of those I photographed. After visiting Pt. Gamble I went west to Dungeness which has some people still living there and some interesting abandoned buildings and an old school. My pics are in that section of the Washington page on the ghost town site.

Tom

That would be the one. They still use the downstairs offices and post office, but many upgrades are needed for the theatre area to be used again. Amazingly enough, most all of the buildings in Pt Gamble are very well taken care of, only a few need a bit of work to be used again. The Walker-Ames is in need of a bit of work interior wise, and will be used as a rehab for disabilities sometime in the near future.
    Dungeness sounds like an interesting day trip for us this spring.

This building here?

Don't remember it as well since it wasn't one of those I photographed. After visiting Pt. Gamble I went west to Dungeness which has some people still living there and some interesting abandoned buildings and an old school. My pics are in that section of the Washington page on the ghost town site.

Tom

That would be the one. They still use the downstairs offices and post office, but many upgrades are needed for the theatre area to be used again. Amazingly enough, most all of the buildings in Pt Gamble are very well taken care of, only a few need a bit of work to be used again. The Walker-Ames is in need of a bit of work interior wise, and will be used as a rehab for disabilities sometime in the near future.
    Dungeness sounds like an interesting day trip for us this spring.
    Correction here - Those photos were taken in August 2002 and not 2003; I was there again last year, but in July; didn't travel to that area though. I'm probably going to visit again next year in the summertime; at least that's what I want to do.

I liked the view of the Pt. Gamble Buena Vista Cemetary; makes nice photos with the water in the background. Did you get my pm with the Globe article?

Tom

Thread Information