Thread: HELP!!!! Wanted

Exclamation HELP!!!! Wanted

Hi,

I'm a student from Belgium who has to write a paper on the ghost towns in The Old West. I can't find any books on this topic in Belgium, is there perhaps anybody who can send me a book on this topic or tell me where I have to look for one or something. i'm willing to pay for it. The problem is that this paper is due in 6 weeks so I acctually need a book right now or as soon as possible.

I would be eternaly greatfull to anybody who could help me; any info over Ghost towns in general is also welcome.

Charlotte

Smile Books on Line

Do a Google type search on "Making of AMerica" and chose the Michigan Site. They have PDF and text versions of 1,000s of books written on the west in the 1800s. Great source of real information. Good luck!
    Yet Another Bob

Unhappy thanks anyway..

Thanks for the tip but yet again "No matches found" If I have to read that sentence one more time.....

thanks anyway

Smile Try This URL

Here is the main URL for the University of Michigan Site: http://www.hti.umich.edu/m/moagrp/

The Cornell site is more Antebellum related. You might also try the Library of Congress, they often have neat books. photos, maps to spice up any report! Start at http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amhome.html
    and enjoy rooting.
    I know the real stuff isn't as exciting as the romanticized “Hollywood” version but the facts are out there!
    Yet Another Bob

Thanks, thanks to that last URL I found some nice old pictures. It isn't that the topic isn't intresting, but good info is sometimes hard to find... (definetly in Belgium )

Charlotte, right here on the homepage of this site you will find a link to many of the ghost towns (hint - look at the U.S. map)throughout the United States. There are brief histories about each ghost town provided.
    Also check out our member list. Many of us here, including myself, (www.explorehistoricalif.com)have websites with pictures, history, trip reports etc. about ghosttowns.

You might even go to www.amazon.com and do a search for books on ghosttowns and find that there are many out there that you can order. A google search will also provide you with many other websites with info about ghosttowns.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

Thanks for your help. But I cant get the website www.amazon.com to open he keeps saying that he can't open that page. I guess I'm just going to have to contact my English teacher, perhaps she has some book, 'cause I'm not going to pay 40 or more $ for a school project. Thanks anyway

Charlotte

Thread Information